Chapter 7: "I was going to say that you're beautiful,"

Blake and I sat in awkward silence looking out the window watching people go pass and cars stop at the red robot.
"Lexi." Here it was coming. The regret! He was going to find some excuse and make everything feel even more awkward so, I decided to save him the embarrassment.
"Look Blake, it was a mistake. I never should of kissed back because I don't like you like that so can we please forget it and act like nothing happened." He nodded for the first time meeting my eyes. The intensity was too much and to make matters worse, I couldn't forget it. I actually thought about it more.

I broke the silence by asking if I could join him on his run tomorrow and he soon went back to his flirty self as he spoke about his abs and muscles. I laughed at his jokes, went silent when he was serious and we were so engrossed in our own world that for a whole fifteen minutes we had ignored Caleb, who had brought us our food. "Damn your two can really make a guy feel like a third wheel." I chuckled as I playfully threw a chip at him.

After supper we went back to the dorm and Caleb went on his own way. Blake and I walked in silence, and for the first time since I've met Blake, it was a good silence.

"So what do I wear tomorrow when we run?" He smirked as he replied, "Your underwear." I rolled my eyes. "Okay, okay. Use what ever you comfortable sporting in but don't use your tract pants those things are way too big for you and look heavy."
"They keep me warm and snuggled," I said defensively. He laughed. "I could do that."

We both had a shower, separately for all you perverts who are thinking dirty mindedly, and we sat on the couch.

Blake and I went to sleep late I was explaining to him my passion for Greek philosophy and I learnt he use to sing in high school.

My alarm set off around 4:30 so I got out of bed groggy and my head pounded after yesterday's fall. Blake was in his room changing so I went and washed my face and changed into a clean set of clothes. I wore an orange tank top with long leggings. When I went out to the lounge. Blake was listening to music and waiting for me. I cleared my throat for his attention as I walked towards him. He checked me out from top to bottom and said, "That's an improvement. You would look even more hot if you lost the glasses... Nice ass by the way." He winked as he walked out. I rolled my eyes as I closed the dorm and did speed walking to catch up with him. "How is your head?" My hand went up automatically to touch it. "In a little pain," I admitted as we walked outside. The cold air hit my face causing shivers throughout my body.
"I'm sorry, again." I shook my head and replied, "Don't worry about it."

We jogged in silence and I took in the view of my surroundings.

"Why do you do this to yourself?" I looked at Blake in confusion. "Excuse me?" I questioned with my eye brow arched. "I mean you clearly dont like running yet you are here and that day you were at the party I'm sure your friend forced you." I hadn't realised how true that was until he said it. Yes, Noah had forced me to go to the party, but today... There was nothing forcing me and I hate anything athletic so why was I here? I shrugged it of not having an answer for him and thankfully he let the topic drop.

"I've been meaning to ask you something..." I paused not knowing how to phrase my question and because the running was now causing trouble with my breathing. As if noticing Blake slowed down. "Hmmm?" I didn't dare look at him as I blurted out, "Yesterday before the... er... you know what... You were going to say something." I went silent. Why did I have to do this? Now I felt so awkward...
But I deserved to know.
"I was going to say that you're beautiful," he replied like it was the easiest question he was ever asked. I burst out into a laughing fit that made us both stop. He frowned as he stood watching me. After I regained myself he asked, "What was so funny?"
I rolled my eyes at him being so oblivious. "I'm not the kind off girl that hears that very often." We both went silent and to break the tension I started to run again. We ran back to the dorm without saying a word.

I went into the shower first. I washed my hair, my body then dried off and changed. I was back to my track parts and a long sleeve peach shirt. When I got out of the bathroom I was met by my very pissed off mother. "Mum, what are you doing here?"
"I came to visit and keep you company but it seems like you were quiet entertained." She glared at Blake who sat on the couch without a t-shirt. Did he have to look so damn sexy right now, stop it Lex.
See my problem was that I had lied to my mother about having my own dorm apartment because I was afraid she would think what she is actually thinking now, that Blake and I are together. Angela isn't actually my mother she's my dad's girlfriend for the past eight years. My mother had left when I was six years and after a while my father found it in himself to move on, because Angela has been there for us my dad preferred it if I would call her mum and I did it to please him but Angela and I didn't always get along.  It was just before I came to Washington that we had started to 'bond'.
"I tried to tell her that we are roommates but she doesn't seem to be taking it well," he explained. "Is this what we sent you here for?" She ignored Blake's statement. I was so pissed off that she had  just shown up so I said something that sounded like an ungrateful brat. "You are not my mother so you don't get to dictate what I do. Now get out before I help escort you out." She was definitely shocked and seemed hurt so I felt a bit bad but she had no idea about anything so she had no right to judge. "I'm... sorry." And then she left.

Blake sat silently besides me on my bed. "Do you want to talk about it?" I shook my head as I wiped away a few tears the streamed down my face. He got up and left. A little later after recovering I phoned Noah to remind her that she promised to come to my glasses appointment today.

We were walking in one off the main streets that was really busy. "So, what did Blake tell her?" My appointment had finished and I was telling Noah about what had happened in the morning as we searched for a cab. "He tried to explain to her that we are just roommates but she ignored him and to make matters worse he was shirtless." Noah had almost stumbled to a fall as she imagined Blake shirtless. "Maybe you should off told the step-monster that you two are an item. She could off put a good word in with your father." I was trapped between wanting to laugh and being shocked. "She probably would of had a heart attack on the spot. She's very controlling, always been like that." We continued chatting as we found a cab back.

When I got to the dorm it was in silence which meant Blake was out so I brushed out my hair, because it felt uncomfortable after all that walking, and laid in bed looking at the ceiling.

I must off fallen of to sleep after a while because when I awoke there were two voices chatting quietly.

*  *  *  *  *
☆LP☆

I hope you all enjoy reading TBBG as much as I enjoy writing it...
Please vote, comment and follow.
Thank you

PS: Love yourll