Chapter 5: I considered myself lucky.

Janus~ God of beginnings, choices and doorways

"What the Hell are you doing?"
I didn't know how else to say it but by saying, "I don't want to have sex with you!" At first he looked at me puzzled then started hysterically laughing which made my eyebrows turn to a frown.

"Wha... what's funny?" I stuttered. Which made him laugh more but after a little while he found his self control once more and said, "Sweetchicks I'm flattered but I honestly don't want to sleep with you, not that I won't mind but not my intention either." I blushed feeling enormously uncomfortable.

"No need for those flush cheeks," and he pinched my cheeks, "I mean you do look good minus those glasses and I, well I'm just gorgeous. Aren't I?"
I rolled my eyes.

"Anyway I went to bring a bottle of tequila so we could test how much alcohol you can handle in private without embarrassing yourself but I'd say you had enough."
I chuckled knowing my silence wouldn't go unnoticed.
"I think it's time I find Noah and leave. I'll be staying at her place." I turned to leave but he gently caught my hand. "No need because you staying at the dorm today. I'm not feeling for company. Find Noah and meet me at the front door." I nodded and he left.

I sat on the bed registering what just happened. My hand was still warm from his touch. What the Hell! Get a grip Lex and go find Noah.

I shook my head lightly and headed off into the noise to find Noah. She was in the kitchen sitting at the counter with a dude.

I tapped her shoulder and said, "It's time to leave." She shook her head and leaned into a guy she was standing with. "I... wanna stay with Andrew." I grabbed her wrist and tugged her with me through the crowd and to the door. "You need to go back to your place and we are going to take you." She frowned and spoke, "So there are two of you! I thought I was just seeing double." I wasn't sure whether this was funny or I should be concerned. I walked up to Blake with Noah hanging on my arm. "We're going home with him." Noah seemed to have sobered up at the sight of Blake... or was she seeing two of him too?

I sat in the backseat of Blake's car with Noah as we went back to the dorms.

* * * * *

"Your friend is surely one of a kind," he spoke and I smiled. The entire way home Noah practically had hearts in her eyes. She had told Blake he was cute more than ten times and we were only on the road for seven minutes. He was amused and I was irritated because she was feeding his ego a whole lot of bullshit.

I went to my room and grabbed some clothes to change into after bathing. I walked to the bathroom then Blake blocked the door.
"Did I mention you look really sexy." I had the urge to slap him.

"When a guy tells a girl she's looking sexy he's looking at her body, but when a guy tells a girl she's looking beautiful he's looking at her as a whole. Her weakness, her strengths, her faults, her EVERYTHING." He looked at me stunned and silently stepped out of my way. I went into the bathroom, locked the door and burst into tears.

How could he have done that to me?

Connor, not Blake, I gave him everything besides my virginity, but all he ever knew was my body not my heart.
How could he?
My sobs slowly subsided so I had a quick hot shower and changed.

After changing I still didn't go out. I felt so bad for snapping at Blake but he's a boy. All boys are the same! For a few minutes I sat in silence not knowing what to even think. I didn't know if I was drunk, getting my monthly or just emotional.

"Lex," he knocked on the door, "I need to use the toilet." I tidied up the bathroom and then left. "Blake, I'm done," I called out to him because he had returned to his room. When he headed to the bathroom I apologised for being long and he just smile.