Chapter 5

{Edited}

The words that escaped Aidens mouth a few hours ago couldn't be processed through my brain. It felt so unreal. My only brother, my only family was kidnapped by the people who killed my parents and now he might actually die.

I felt a shiver run down my spine at the thought of my brother being dead. He couldn't be dead. Not after all those years I've spent with him, healing my aching wounds at the thought of my parents death. Another long cut was made, a wound in my heart, raw and new. It's only cure would be finding my only family.

I'm pretty sure that Aiden's wolf is currently on a rampage right now as his mates currently out of his territory and in his little doggy mind 'lost in the woods'. I shook my head, and allowed the loneliness to settle in.

I, on the other hand, was sitting on a tree branch imagining and thinking where my brother could possibly be. I recalled a few rogue camp sights I'd visited weeks ago, but none of them could kidnap my brother. They were all week, miserable beings with nothing on them.

My head flew up when I heard a twig snap and my mates husky, masculine and deep voice.

"I smell her here-", he says and I can practically feel him run his long fingers through his hair frustratingly, "her scent-it just stops here."

After that I hear a few murmurs and whispers.

"Emma?", I hear Giavano softly shout. How can someone's voice sound so soft when they shout? I must already be losing my mind from living with these dogs. Something inside my sparked. "we think we know where your brother is." He shouts again and with one swift movement, I'm on the ground, in front of my mates broad chest.

"Where?" I hurriedly asked.

"We didn't actually, we just wanted you to-", Giavano was cut off by me punching him in the jaw. Once I heard a satisfying crack. He held his jaw, his mouth slightly open.

"It'll heal, I'm pretty sure a dog like you knows that already. No need to act so shocked." I sneered. I looked at him with so much hatred that he flinched "oh, is the previous alpha afraid of a hunter?". I asked. He just stared at me with an indescribable emotion in his brown eyes, "don't use my brother as a tactic to find me, especially if he's currently kidnapped." I spat as I walked back to the house I was living in to pack my bags. I need some time alone now and living with my mate would make all the emotions I'm feeling right now stronger than what they're supposed to be.

I huffed in annoyance. Stupid mate bond. Always making your emotions fly all over the place.

I walked into the closet room to grab my duffel bag and stuffed all of my belongings into the bag.

Shockingly enough, when I was leaving the place I felt like I was going to miss it. I never missed anything other than my brother so it was a weird feeling.

When I was walking out the door, I bumped into a wall with hands that sent shockwaves of electricity through me.

Aiden.

I stood up and brushed the imaginary dust of my leggings. I looked up to see Aiden with a hurt and... Pained expression on his adorab- averagely made pout.

"Why are you leaving?", he asked with a pained voice.

"I need some time--", I paused and squeezed his hands, not really wanting to give him a long speech about how I'd come back. "I'm just going to be in my little home, okay. No need to worry about me. You can come anytime you want.", I softly said.

Why was I suddenly going all, soft on him?

He nodded and gave me a sad smile before asking me a question, "Before you leave, can I do something?", he asked with a hopeful glint in his eyes.

Before I could react, his large warm hands cupped my face and pulled me towards him where my cold lips met his warm ones. I instinctively wrapped my arms around his neck, only for him to place his hands onto my waist. I was the first to pull away because I needed fresh air. I looked up at him and he gave me a sly grin.

"Forget this ever happened." I said as I ran out of the house before he could catch me. Fortunately, he didn't use his wolf speed on me as he knew that would just piss me of.

Since I didn't have a car, I walked back to my parents home and plopped onto the couch.

To say that I was exhausted would be an understatement. I was also beyond confused to what was going on between Aiden and I.

For some reason I liked the kiss. I don't know why but for my first kiss, it was the most unimaginable one. I put my fingers on my now warm lips as I still felt his lips on mine. It was the perfect combination in that kiss.

Hot meets cold to make a warm.

I smiled at the though of that. That  smile soon turned into a frown as I found a picture of my brother on my coffee table. Why him?

What did he do?

Did he even deserve this?

All the questions in my head caused my brain to swell up with to much information making me feel dizzy and tired.

I was too tired to even move to my bed so I stayed put on the couch and sadly sighed.

Tomorrow I start looking.

I thought as I smiled. I would have to have his mate Leah help me because she's the only werewolf I actually get along with with. As much as it pains her to look for her missing mate, she'll have to suck it up and find him because I also can't lose another family member.

I groaned in frustration and kicked my bin, the closest thing to me, only to find a note in it. It read Nikolay in nice handwriting on the front and was waxed shut.

I opened it up and gasped at what I just read, I dropped the note and ran out of the house to go somewhere....