Daniel 3

UNEDITED. (Do I really have to keep saying this, because I feel like a stuck record.)

Anyway, a HUGE THANK YOU to you all for being so lovely with your comments on yesterday's wedding chapter. It took me hours to write (I began at 3pm and finished at 11:30 pm without taking a break.) So, I really appreciate all your amazing comments. It means the world to me. 

So, clue for where this update is going- #gamechanger

Sarah, xx

~*~*~

"Wake up," I heard someone shout as they pushed at my shoulder.  "Daniel, c'mon. It's time to get up."

Last night, after interrupting the newlyweds' wedding night, Sophie and her family decided to camp out in the bar, drinking until the early hours of the morning. Or was it the late hours of the morning? Whatever you class 6am as. 

I knew before heading down to the bar that drinking with the Clément-Delaney family was going to end in disaster, but Sophie insisted on joining her family, and wherever she went, I went. Having been away from her for most of the wedding yesterday, I didn't want to waste any more time without her. My return flight to the UK was tomorrow evening and so time wasn't on our side. Plus, we needed to fit in a trip to the Empire State Building.

None of that, however, mattered as we lounged in the bar. With the drinks flowing from the free bar and the animated company, the wedding after party gave me time to get to know Sophie's family better. I already knew that Charlotte and Sophie were wild, but it wasn't until I saw Jimmy Delaney drink almost an entire bottle of Irish Whiskey by himself that I realised where the girls got their stamina from. 

Camille Clément, too, isn't as clean cut as she likes everyone to perceive her to be. Oh, no. Get a few drinks in the woman and she's standing on top of tables in the bar, singing Edith Piaf at the top of her lungs. It would have been entertaining if it wasn't for the fact that Camille couldn't sing for shit. I made the mistake of uttering that out loud last night, after a few drinks and my tongue had well and truly loosened. Camille stopped singing when she heard my comment, gave me an unimpressed look and said, in English, "Why don't you come up here and see if you can do any better?"

At this, Sophie burst out laughing, wiping tears from her eyes as everyone waited to see if I would accept Camille's challenge. Knowing better than to go against Camille, I got to my feet and climbed up onto the table. By that point in the morning, I'd drank a fair few whiskeys and was feeling far more confident than I should have been when I was on the verge of humiliating myself in front of a room full of strangers. 

"I would like to dedicate this song to Sophie Evangelin Delaney," I said, hiccuping as I said her name. Someone whistled- I think it was Brogan, but I can't be sure because I was seeing double. "This song sums up how I felt for weeks before I finally manned up and told you that I am madly in love with you."

I remember clearing my throat before belting out the first verse. 

"I'm sleeping

right in the middle of a good dream

when all at once I wake up

from something that keeps knocking at my brain

before I go insane

I hold my pillow to my head

and spring up in my bed

screaming out the words I dread

I think I love you!"