Chapter four: The attack

Jacob

As I sat in the library I couldn't help but feel like something was off. Unable to bare the feeling anymore I went out to the stables and took my red dirt colored stallion spirit out for a ride and to shoot some arrows. We ran to our normal path that was covered in various hanging targets from the tree branches. As I was getting ready to walk out on the path I heard to voices.
" Haden look targets, shoot your bow pleeeeeaaaaasssse I love it when you do!" Said one voice
" ok ok but we have to go back and get them I only have so many." The other voice Haden said
"Haden!" I thought remembering the dream I had. I didn't want to freak them out or just barge in so I stayed hidden in the trees where I could still see the to girls. As they came into view I saw two girls on who seemed to be 6 on a painted horse. She had red brown hair and sea green eyes filled with wonder as the other girl loaded her bow. She was an older version of the young girl with the same reddish hair and sea green eyes that were focused on all the targets in front of her.
" ok Lilly ready?" Haden asked backing her horse up a little. Lilly shook her head yes and watched as Haden shot at each target hitting straight in the center, as she got to the last target though something unexpected happened. My dream became a reality. I watched frozen in place as an icy pale hand came into view from a dark black cloak and slid deep into the side of Haden and pulling to the left leaving a deep gash. She screamed in pain before falling off her horse who was frightened my her scream and hitting her head on a sharp rock. Lilly screamed and ran to Haden and started crying while pressing a cloth on Haden's cut. Haden brushed her hand over Lilly's cheek and gave her a map.
" go get aunt lila you know the way. "
Lilly nodded her head wiping tears away from her face as she ran back to her horse and ride of fast going north. After she was out of sight I came to my senses and rode over to the girl. I picked up her almost unconscious body.
" what's your name" I asked while rushing back over to my horse who leaned down so it was easier for me to get on.
" Haden" she said in a whisper before her eyes shut and she passed out.