Chapter fifthteen: The knight

Jacob

Why do girls never listen? Why must they always do whatever they want? Why did I bring Haden out to the balcony? Why is Ava trying to kill Haden? Where did I go wrong? Where just a few questions that ran through my head as I practically jumped down the stairs to the beach. I ran into the water to find Haden tears starting to form in my eyes. I dove underneath the water when I saw a sparkle only to find a broken piece of glass. I did this for hours slowly drifting away from the castle. I went looked up at the stary Sky in defeat tears steaming down my cheeks. I leaned my head toward the beach to see everyone from the party including a little Haden who I was guessing was her sister Lilly. I stayed In the water for what seemed like hours till I finally found the courage to swim back the castle. As I started to head toward the castle when I felt something brush shins my now bare feet. I looked down to see a hand and blue fabric. I dove down and picked up her body as fast as I could before swinging the fastest I've ever had. Laying Haden down on the sand I let the Royal medics take over. I heard a single dainty clap from the back of the crowd and we turned to see Ava. She smiled before dissapering completly leaving only a note. This isn't over Jacob she will pay.
AC

I crumbled up the note and threw it into the deep ocean. The sound of coughing and water smashing brought me to relization. I ran over to Haden taking her head In my hands.
" yes." She said smiling. I pulled her into me and kissed her on the lips. We pulled away and I slipped the ring onto her finger. People clapped and Haden whispered in my ear.
" my knight." Before kissing me on the cheek. We looked up at the crowd. My mothers face was covered in pure joy while my fathers was anger and annoyance. Aureala gave me a towel which I wrapped over Haden's shoulders. I heard giggles and turned to see the twins running toward me and Haden we leaned down and wrapped both of them in a hug and before we knew it both of our families were giving us hugs and congratulating us. After everyone was settled down everyone headed back into the castle. Haden and I ran upstairs and got cleaned up. After I was all dried off and had clean cloths I went to Haden's room and knocked on the door. She opened it and agian we where wearing sort of matching clothes. Haden was in a red sleeveless dress with her hair down in curls while I was wearing a red and gold outfit. We both laughed and walked down the stairs. We walked by servants and guards who bowed and continued on there way, before we could get to the ballroom my mother pulled Haden back towards the stairs.
" keep going Jacob I promise I won't hurt you fiancéé." She said as I stared at the two women I loved rush towards the stairs. I walked into the ball room and up to my father who in simply walked off to talk to someone else as I came into sight. I sat down on one of the chairs and took a deep breath. The twins came running up and asked me to dance with them. I was pulled into the dance floor and danced in circles with my sister till the both stopped looking over behind me. I looked to see Haden with a golden crown placed on her head.
" she really looks pretty as a princess now." I heard Samantha say as they ran over to her. I smiled and walked over to my mother and Haden. She was surrounded by my family and hers. Lilly was at her side hugging her for dear life Victoria was in her arms and Samantha was next to Lilly talking away. I put my hand on her back and we talked the rest of the night away.