Chapter nine: The dinner

Two male servants opened the doors and bowed at the princesses and prince. We walked in to see a table covered in elegant food on silver platters and crystal glasses. Me and Jacob both set the girls down and they ran to there seats. Samantha on the Kings on the left side and Victoria on the right leaving the two places next to the queen. I the queen cleared her throat and Jacob rushed to a chair pulling it out for me to sit in.
" thank you." I said as I sat down on the right side of the queen next to Victoria. I looked down as Jacob sat down to see rows of spoons forks and knifes in various sizes. I must of shown my confusion becuase the queen chuckled and showed me which utensils to use for each meal. After I had everything down I looked up at Jacob to see a grin spread across his face.
"What?" I asked smiling myself.
"Nothing nothing." He replied putting his hands up in surrender. I laughed a little and saw the queens face light up as if she found something interesting. I looked over and her interest faded from her face but stayed lively in her eyes. We continued to eat in peace talking about random things and getting to know each other which really meant me getting to know the royal family while they learned what little I remembered about myself. Right before the dessert course came the queen received some letters from on of the many maids. She quit let read through them before excusing herself and talking me with her. I looked back at Jacob to see him shrug his shoulders as if to say I don't know. We walked up the stairs to the library.
" Haden so you know nothing about what happened to you?" The queen asked closing the door and locking it to ensure no one would come in while we were talking.
" no I wish I did. Why, is something wrong. " I replied worry in my tone. The queen walked over to a bookshelf and grabbed a book and placed it in my hand.
"Our neighboring kingdom is filled with people with special abilities we call them seers. These people can see other persons dreams and there thoughts by just a simple touch. There princess, princess Ava is a. Seer and she must of touched my son becuase he's dreamt of you. " I was shocked at what the queen was saying.
"Wait what! What do you mean your son was dreaming of me?" I asked
" when my son was younger he would wake me up in the middle of the night saying he had a dream about a girl that matched your description in a field, another time he said he saw you getting beat, then riding a white stallion. I think I know who tried to kill you..." The queen was infuriated by a loud bang that shook the whole castle. We both looked at each other before running back out to the dinning room only to be pushed back out with the twins by the king
" go find safety." The king said before running back into the smoke. I picked up both girls and followed the queen down the servants staircase. We finally stopped in a safe room where servants stood cowering in the corners and whispering. I floor was dusty and covered the bottom of my dress in dirt in a matter of seconds. On one end of the room was rows of bunk beds and on the other was years worth of supplies. I walked over to one of the beds and sat down still trying to calm down the two girls who were crying and asking where there dad and brother was.