Prologue

A/N: vote and comment.

***

"I'm going to be a queen! Bow before me, sister." Her sister smirked. Ada held her head high. She would not bow to her arrogant sister. So what if she is to be the Desert Queen? She absolutely would not bow, she'd rather fancy losing her head.

"I will not." Her 13 year old self spoke. "I will be an empress myself, one day!"

Her sister cackled. "So naïve. You will bow before me and I'll make sure you will."

"You will lose." Ada said confidently.

Xiara always was an arrogant brat. Ada was annoyed that the marriage arranged by father had now fuelled her arrogance. She walked out of her room and walked straight to her father's room.

"How can you do this to me?" She barged in. Her father, an old man in his fifties sighed. He was not a Lord. He did not hold any title but he was rich. Trade had favoured their family.

Her father alone owned ten fleets of ships. Ada owned just one. Her father had taught her trade. How to keep track of a ship? What to do if a ship was plundered? Her father was her mentor.

"What is it, my dear?" He asked kindly.

"What is it?" She mocked him. "You promised Xiara to The Crown Prince of The Desert Lands!"

"Is this petty thing the matter?" He smiled, Ada folded her arms and scoffed.

"Because the match suited her more than you." Her fatger smiled and becknoed her near.  "You know, I once saved a man. And since then we are good friends and we promised each other that our first borns would marry each other. To strengthen our bond. And as God wished, he had a son and I had you. You both were promised to each other. You both are fated to be each other." He smiled.

"I know, I know! I've heard this story a hundred times! You never tell me who this man was, though. I'd like to know my future father -in -law." She raised her pert nose in the air.

"Fine, you are old enough to know now and if this is what it takes to calm your anxious mind."

He got up and opened his drawer. He took out a wooden box and gave it to her. "This belonged to him. And this.." He said handing her a piece of paper. "was the letter he had sent me when his son was born."

Ada took hold the box and opened it. Inside was a ring which indented into the shape of an animal. She frowned confused. She opened the letter and read through its contents. Her eyes widened at the last sentence.

Emperor of The Great Empire

And under it was a seal with a lion on it. Her eyes lighted up and her face lit in a beautiful smile. "I'm going to be an empress!" She said rejoicing. Her father laughed.

***

A/N: So this is the prologue. Vote and comment. Love you guys.