Chapter 14 : His Woman

Vote and comment

Vote and comment.

***

He opened his eyes and let his mind sink in that he was in the Ajabgarh's princess' room. He looked to his side to find herself sleeping in peace. Guilt lodged in his heart, he slipped out of the covers and picked up his strewn trail of clothes. He remembered what had happened, the spark that was lit by the kiss ended up in a explosive series of guilty pleasures. It was quick though, for he feared that he'd change his mind.

       He stood startled as her voice reached his ears, "Leaving like a thief? Shehzaade Salim, do not be afraid. I will not force you to marry me. Whatever happened was a casual affair and I understand that you are not ready to love again."

      He turned with a grateful expression on his face. "I am sorry, shehzaadi." He went upto her and leaned down to kiss her forehead.

     "It is alright." She said kindly and caressed his cheek with his fingers.

A hawk perched on her window sill and gave a loud squawk. Salim frowned and walked to the hawk. He untied the scroll of letter on his feet. His eyes widened in shock, just when he had thought everything was alright, things crumbled again. She entered his life again. It seemed as if the more he pushed her away, the more fate brought them closer.

"What's wrong?"

"I need to leave right away." He said quickly and left the room out of her window.

***

              He entered his chambers in the dead of the night. He found his doppleganger wheezing in and out his last breath. "Save me." He rasped out to Salim raising his arm weakly.

"No. You deserve this." He replied curtly and left him to die. He left the room for he had another person to visit.

***

Salim sighed in pain as he felt the glared of everyone, accusing him, looking at him with disgust. He was called to the emperor's chambers immediately. He entered his father's chambers. The tall man stood up and he bowed to greet him. He let his head drop feigning shame.

"Did you do it?" The emperor asked him calmly.

He found no reason to lie, "No. Your Majesty."

  "Hmm..." The emperor thought loudly scratching his beard. "But everybody thinks that you've done it. I want you to leave Agra for a while."

"Are you banishing me? For something I didn't do?" Salim's voice wavered.

"No...you have to understand. If you stay here it'll be difficult for you. Go away to the headquarters for a while, let the fire cool down, I'll send for you when things return back to normal."