The Replacement: part 2

Salim looked at the short girl in front of him incredulously

            Salim looked at the short girl in front of him incredulously. She was busily dusting her clothes. She lowered her hood to reveal her raven hair tied in a tight pony tail. Her eyes were black like the night sky. Her eyes narrowed like hawk, "Well? Do you have a name or not?"

          "Salim." He didn't even know why he said that. Hearing the commotion, Helen came out of the cave. She just raised her eyebrow in curiosity, "Who are you and why are you here?" She stepped in front of the newcomer.

"Mentor Elias sent me here to guard here." She said a grin on her face.

"Well, he didn't inform us of such." Helen snapped her rudely. "Why should we believe you?"

"Well he told me to show you this." She tugged out a roll of paper from her waistband. Salim took it out of her hands and read it. It did have the mentor's seal at the end.

"Anyone could fake a letter..."

"Let's stop. The letter seems genuine. Let's not bash the kid any longer." Salim said authoritatively.

"But-"

"Look lady, I don't know what crawled up your derriere and died but I'm going to assume its because you're jealous of my looks and this long pole here," she said pointing to Salim and continued, "He's all yours. I am not going to steal him from you, I'm here to stand guard and I'm going to do just that and leave." She ranted and walked past both of them who had their jaws dropped.

As Salim observed, the newcomer guard, he didn't know he got a deja vu feeling when he saw her. She felt as if he had seen her somewhere. She was currently playing with her dagger and then spat on the ground. Salim grimaced, where could he have met such a tomboyish girl? Even her batch was blue which meant she was a newcomer to the brotherhood.

"Don't stare Salim Jaan, I know I am beautiful." She grinned looking at him. He scoffed, she was the most average looking person, with black hair and black eyes. "As if! I have seen much more endearing beauty than you!" He returned his eyes to the bonfire again.

She dragged her behind near the fire and beside her, "Who is she? What is her name?" She poked his forearm. "What? I never said it was just one person." He shrugged it off casually when he was of course talking about Ada.

"Yes you did, you said beauty. Not beauties. So, how does she look? Is she tall?"

"Yes." He groaned internally. Why did he answer that? He asked himself.

"Ooh. Is she fair?"

Salim stayed silent. But she kept poking him. He gritted his teeth until his patience wore off. "No! No she is not!" He yelled.

"Oooh dark beauty, sounds really enticing. Is she?"

"Is she what?" He asked.

"Enticing?"