Chapter 25

***

      "I think we should tell Diya who her real father is." He started out but couldn't say it anymore.

      "Diya! She's here." He pointed to the door and they hurried off the bed in haste. The child was too naïve to know what was going on but wasn't too naïve to be curious.

      "Baba!" She had yipped in excitement after seeing him and then her eyes slipped to Ada who was standing beside the bed.

      "What are you doing here?"

      "I can ask you that too." Ada said with authority.

       "I had heard Salim baba was back so I came to see him."

        "That is exactly why I came here too."

        "But..."

        "No buts. Say your greetings and come to my room immediately to explain why you're here away from school."

      Salim watched Ada stride out flawlessly and his admiration for her grew tremendously.

        "Diya, my princess! How are you?!" He went to her and kissed her forehead.

      "I'm okay, baba. But where were you? It's been a year since you left." She said.

    "I was out for work. But I missed you, my beautiful princess." He hugged her tiny frame.

    "I missed you too."

    ***

       Ada went to her room and caught her breath. She took a quick breath and visited Jellal's study. He was inside aa she had expected. She was glad she escaped that conversation with Salim. She didn't want Diya to know. Diya had thought of Jellal as her father and no matter what Jellal was affectionate towards Diya. She wasn't about to ruin  Diya and Jellal's relationship.

     "Did you know your daughter is here?" She started.

     "Good morning to you too. Yes, I know."

      "Why is she here?"

      "Ada, she doesn't want to be there. She misses home. She misses you and me. And I have gotten a lot of complaints from her mentors."

   Ada frowned, "What complaints and why are you just telling me now?"

     "She climbs over the walls almost everyday and fights with the village boys."

     "What?!"

"Calm down. I just think she's acting up because she misses you, and me and Salim."

    "Jellal. You should've told me this before."

     ***

       He walked towards Jellal's study to find some work when he saw Ada walking towards him.

    "Hello Ada, my love." He teased her.

     She quickened her steps and hit his chest, "What are you doing? What if someone hears you?"

        "Let them." He pulled her closer.