Bonus chapter : A happy ending

"You think it's fucking funny?" She scowled when Kamal started laughing

        "Of course. Why would you not? Your uncle and your mother, eh?" He snickered again.

     "Oh shut up! Just do it!" She opened the ribbons in her hair and let her hair flow across the shoulders unto her back.

      "It's a shame you want to cut it. I would kill for hair like this." Kamal said combing his fingers through her hair. "Are you certain?"

     "Yes. And make it short. Really short."

       ***

       "My boy, have you seen the young lady?" Her mother tapped her shoulder and she waited until it clicked and it did as her mother gasped.

       "You. What did you do?!" She hissed. "Your hair..."

        "I cut it, mama. No big deal."

       "You cut it?" Her mother asked her in shock. Her mother's usually dusky face seemed red in anger. "You cut your hair. For what?"

       She shrugged. "Just like that."

        "Just like that she says...." her mother fanned her face like she usually did when she wanted to cool down. "Salim!" She yelled. "Come here. Right now!"

       "What's wrong? Why are you-oh..." Her uncle stopped in mid sentence when he saw saw. She folded her arms and picked her nails, peering at it nonchalantly.

      "Look at her. She cut it off. And she says she did just like it."

"Raza, did you say that?" Her uncle called her by the name that he always called her since she was a child.

"I did. Salim baba." She shrugged.

"Well, that's was very bad." He scolded her. "You should've come to me and we both could've pulled your mother's leg." He laughed.

"You think it's funny?!" Her mother scoffed.

"What?" Her uncle shrugged, "She wanted to do it, she did it. Is you scolding her going to undo it?"

"It's your fault! You pamper her too much!"

"Of course I do. She's the apple of my eye. Aren't you Raza jaan?" He smiled at her.

***

The only sound that sounded in the room was the clinking of cutlery. She felt suffocated. She had so much to ask. She took a deep breath and mustered up the courage and put forth her question.