chapter 47

three months later....

reader pov

i had already signed it. all i needed was his signature and everything would be in order. it would help if he would have been on time though. i waited and waited. our lawyers were really concerned. he told he me he had a doctor's appointment today and it shouldn't take that long. that was early this morning. i sighed.

i finally heard his footsteps. he finally made it. the door opened, revealing him in his signature black and white suit with black tie. he took a seat in front of me. he wore a solemn expression that he immediately hid when he looked into my eyes. "is everything ok?" i asked. "its fine. why did you want me to come here?" he asked. i pushed the little stack of papers over in front of him. he looked it over before shaking his head vehemently. "no, im not gonna agree to this," he pushed the papers back. "you know the reason why i want to do this," i pushed it back to him. "i do, that's why i dont want it," he pushed it back. "please, nea. we talked about this and i refuse for there to be bad blood between me and the family," i said. "i dont give a damn about how the family will feel about it. im not signing this. please dont push this, ian. ive already made my decision. the wedding is in two weeks. we have enough to worry about," he ran his hand through his hair tiredly. "we both know that you will be gone long before i will, nea. what will happen when the find out that you left everything to me? ive read mana's will. it says that the money is susposed to stay in the blood of the Campbell-Kamelot family. im not blood. no matter how close i am, i still have no right to inherit your money. this will literally make me the center of a family feud and the family is already falling apart as it is. im not gonna be the straw that breaks the camel's back. this prenuptial will ensure that the money will go to someone who is actually related to you," i pushed the documents back over to him. he picked it up and tore it right in half. "in two weeks, ill be Nea (L/n) so technically i wont have a right to the money anymore. you will be just as much apart of this family as i am. not only will you be my husband, but timothy is the blood of the family too. im well aware that ill be gone....much sooner than you will. i have the right to leave everything to the one man ive ever loved," he said. i sighed. he is being difficult again.

i also didnt like that pause. "what are you hiding from me, nea?" i asked. his eyes widened. "nothing. im not agreeing to a prenuptial. im sharing everything with my husband. i have the right to and i want to. end of story," he stood up and walked right back out. i sighed. been together all this time so i know he is lying. he is hiding something big but i pushed away those suspicions. i trust my husband. he will tell me when the time is right. im not gonna let this worry me.

two weeks later....

ive never had so many hands on me in such a short time in my whole life. when i said fancy, i meant it. limitless budget for the wedding. this suit cost a good 300k. literally made by hand by the tailor. emilia was the one i chose to help me with getting ready for the ceremony today. she was more than happy. helped me plan the wedding and everything. the true definition of partner. she patted me down. "oohh ive never felt soo....soo fancy before! this fabric is amazing. bravo to the people who discovered this," she chimed as she patted me down and smoothed out the wrinkles. i couldn't help but chuckle. all my friends played a part in the wedding. chalker is my best man with the rest of the guys as my groomsmen. nea didnt really want alot of his friends or family taking part in the wedding. only person he let be somewhat involved was rhode, her being the one helping him with his suit. weird but im not gonna push it. as long as he is smiling, we are just fine. everyone is coming to see. i even ran into reever not to long ago. he was working at a coffee shop near the university. caught up and i invited him too. the perfect mix of past in present in the audience. i chuckled. i could tell kanda was upset when i told him he wasn't the best man of my wedding, even though i was the best man at his. im not worried though. he seemed content with just being on the alter with me. i sighed. "ok, everything is in order. all the flowers are in place. catering is good and ready. guest list is prepared. i know you guys wanted the ceremony available to the public but the reception is private. the hall is AMAZING. i dont know where you got the idea or the connections but this venue is a 10/10. everything is perfect. did you write your vows?" she asked as she put on the final touches. "we were actually just gonna go with the traditional vows for the public portion. nothing fancy. we can be deep at some time during the reception," i said. she nodded. "we are all done. lets get out there and get you married!" i nodded and followed her to the alter.