Chapter 19.

30 minutes later we were all standing in the lobby. We all had our soccer clothes on which caused just a little bit of attention onto us.

I was twirling a soccer ball in my hand and talking to Connor when coach came into the lobby.

"Oh, well would you look at that. You're all here. Now that wasn't so hard, was it?"

He walked outside and we followed him through the doors of the lobby. He clapped his hands together to get our attention.

"Alright, about 10 minutes that way," he said and pointed down a street. "Is a park. As a warm-up, you'll be jogging there."

"How are you going to get to the park?"one of the guys asked.

Just then, a cab pulled into the front of the hotel and coach started walking towards it.

"What?"

"That's so unfair!"

"He gets to drive?"

We all complained but coach just waved. "Anyone not there by 10:15 will do 300 burpees," was his way of saying bye.

And with that he drove off and we started to jog down the street.

___________________

10 minutes later we arrived at the park. Coach was calmly sitting on a bench and waiting for us. We ran up to him and gasped for air when we stopped walking.

"Oh, look. You're here. Then let's start," he said and stood up.

We followed him to an open grassy area in the park. Little kids and their parents were watching us with interest as we walked past them.

"Alright! Remember how I said stamina was an important part of soccer? Well drop and give me 20," he ordered.

We all silently groaned but got down and started doing push ups.

__________________

After about 30 minutes of conditioning coach let us have a break.

The sun was already burning down on us and some of us were sweating profusely. I'm pretty sure that my face was bright red from the heat and half of my hair had fallen out of its ponytail.

I slumped onto the ground and fanned my face with my hand. "It's so hot," I whined.

All of the guys had heard because they all took of their shirts.

"Whew. So much better!" Ryder teased.

"I thought I was going to die, thank god I can take off my shirt," Blake added.

I glared at all of them, secretly thinking of ways of how to kill them in their sleep. But I'm not gonna lie, I'm kind of glad they did take of their shirts. I mean, Ryder did look pretty hot without a shirt on.

"Hey, Kennedy, why didn't you take off your sh...oh yeah, that's right," Ryder said and smirked at me.

And I'm going to say it once again. The nerve of this boy!

I got up and walked over to them. I made it look like I wanted to walk to my water bottle but when I passed through between the two of them I punched their abs.

I didn't know if it would actually hurt them but it felt good.

They stumbled back a little and clutched their stomachs, letting out an 'umph'.

"God damn! What do you eat?! You punch harder then I ever thought you would," Blake scowled and rubbed the spot where I had hit him.

"It's one of my many talents," I said and smiled at him.