Chapter 1

Hey! I've got good hopes for this book! I hope you like it as much as I enjoy writing it. Thanks for reading! ~Blazey

******Please read:
-Mates are found by scent
-Shane is Alec's wolf. It's basically a voice in Alec's head and is their werewolf form. If you're confused, don't worry about it.

I HAVE REWRITTEN AND POSTED THE NEW VERSION OF "ALPHA DAMIAN" ON MY PROFILE UNDER "KILLING ALPHAS" BUT I WILL KEEP THIS OLD DISCONTINUED VERSION UP FOR NOSTALGIA PURPOSES!! OK BYE LOVE U <3

I sat up, yawning and stretching. It was sunny, but I knew it was going to rain. I also knew that today was going to suck. I looked out the window, and like I had predicted, the clouds started rolling in across the sun and I seen little drops of rain sliding down my window.

I could practically smell the wet Earth already. I felt bad for the crew on border patrol today. I stretched and got up, taking a shower and putting on my clothes.

I checked myself in the mirror, staring at my own green eyes and running my fingers through my short light brown hair. Perfect. I walked out of my room and to the doctors office. Like usual, the pack of five hundred was busy. I knocked on the door of the doctors office as I entered.

There stood a tall man with brown hair, a pup sitting on the check up bench as their parent sat waiting for the checkup to be over. Doctor Jay looked up at me and smiled in greeting.

"Alec. You decided to show up today?" He asked. I smiled.
"I knew how you would miss your favourite assistant" I said as I walked up to him and started investigating the pup. He gave the okay to the pups parents, and they left.

"Any luck in finding your mate?" He asked as he started scribbling some stuff down. I gave a lame smile at his tease, but my wolf, Shane, felt rather annoyed at the reminder of his failed missions. You could only find your mate by picking up their scent, but so far, Shane couldn't find the scent.

"No" I answered bluntly. He sighed.
"Alec, you need to start looking for her" he said. I shook my head, my smile leaving me.
"Why would she love me? We would have the same physique. It's humiliating, and it would get worse to be compared to her about it."
I heard him give a soft laugh.
"Your height and body shape have nothing to do with what she will think of you."

I turned away from him and looked in the small mirror. I was a pitiful five foot five. A lame height for a male in this pack. My shoulders were smoothed off and my chest was weak. Instead of resembling your average manly bear like most of the males, I mirrored the nature of a bird. I hated myself for it.
"She'll accept her other half. Just you wait" continued doctor Jay.
I gave up, and nodded, embarrassment still flowing through me.

"Anyways, the pack anniversary party is on tonight. Maybe you'll find your mate there." I shrugged.
"Maybe" I said hopelessly. He gave me a look and I turned, starting to grab some papers and organize then. Maybe.

For the pack, the anniversary was one of the most anticipated events. After all, it was a night where all of us could just relax and have fun. I listened to the rain beat on the roof. It was gonna rain like this tomorrow too; something I didn't mind.

My stomach growled and I walked out of the room. I stopped suddenly so I wouldn't bump into a group of men as they walked down the hallway. They had just come back from dawn patrol, their hair wet and smelling like fresh overturned Earth.

"Crazy. Those rogues are even closer to the borders than they were a few days ago" said a tall blonde male as he walked past.
"Sooner or later, we'll have to start fighting with them; that'll get em' away from our territory" said one with light brown hair and grey eyes. I recognized him quickly. My bully, Bryan.
I watched them walk away and felt better that he didn't notice me. He was Lori's brother. He was such an asshole.

Rogues at the boundary. That was going to be a real drag. The rest of the day was a blur until the party. I walked out to the main hall; music pumping through speakers. I looked around and saw Lori. I wanted nothing to do with her.

"Hey, you!" She cooed at a friend as she wrapped her arms around them. She reminded me of a bratty six year old. One of those sluts that hung around Alpha Damian in hopes to take position of Luna. Or maybe just because he was "attractive".

She would parade around what happened with her and Damian too. It was annoying for me, but Jay wore a polite smile. About once a month she would walk into Jay's office, claiming she was pregnant and demanding a test. It was always the same, not pregnant and just a waste of our time. She wanted a pup so she could pin him down with responsibility; I'm not kidding. But there were already to many women trying to do that, and I doubted he even had time.

I breathed in the crowds scent as I stood in their ranks, unnoticed.
[Let's look for our mate. I bet she's so beautiful] cooed Shane. I ran my fingers through my hair. Would she like me? Was it worth it? She wolves cheered for the strong, impressive males that fought for them. I was no strong impressive male. I couldn't fight.
I withdrew from the crowed.

[I thought we were going to find our mate] growled Shane.
I shrugged.
"Or just get drunk" I added. Shane growled at me.

"Hey, guess what. Rumour is, Alpha Damian and his ranks are coming to this party" Said a female suddenly. I looked at her, than around the group of people. The alpha. I had only seen him a few times and I didn't get anywhere near him. He had a brooding air to him, so I kept well out of his range.

I perked up when the low clearing of a voice sounded through the speakers after the song had ended. We all looked over to see Alpha Damian with his Beta and Delta. He held a microphone in his hand and I couldn't really see him through the tall crowed of males and females.

"We are very proud to announce the 100th anniversary of the Dark Echo pack. It has been a struggle that has paid off handsomely and I hope you enjoy the evening." I drank in his words. He spoke with such confidence. I loved the voice of authority. His voice pulled me in. The music started playing once more and I could hear the females swooning over their Alpha.

"His voice is so deep!"
"I wish I could hear that voice say my name."
"Do you think he has a mate?"
A mate. I felt a strange shutter down my spine. I looked around the crowed. I wasn't good enough.

I walked to the drink table and did what I do best.

Get piss drunk until someone finds me and drags me back to my room.

THIS BOOK IS NOT FINISHED AND WILL NOT BE FINISHED!