Chapter 2

It is a bad idea to get piss drunk until someone finds you and drags you back to your room. I realized that now as I laid lifelessly in bed with a terrible headache. Even my wolf hurt. Why did I never learn from my mistakes?

I cried a little, then got up and took my usual shower. I got out and traced my memory. I had wasted another good night to look for my mate, and instead drank. I was so sick of myself. I ran my fingers through my hair with frustration, and squeezing my eyes closed tightly. I sighed as I dragged myself down the hallway and into the doctors office.

Doctor Jay turned and watched me pitifully.
"Need an Advil?" He asked.
I nodded and he opened a cabinet, grabbing a bottle and opening it. He passed me two small pills and I took them thankfully. He watched me closely as I chocked it down and relaxed.

"I'm guessing your mate didn't show up last night?" Asked Jay.
I shook my head and he eyed me.
"I hope you realize that she's not in the bottom of a bottle." I narrowed my eyes at him as he humoured himself.
"Are you even sure that she's in this pack?" He asked.

I looked at him.
"She has to be. I can feel it"
I said as I stared him in the eye.
I heard the sound of shoes clicking down the hallway and into the doorway.

I turned to see Lori. She was pretty with light brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. She was barley dressed though, and annoying; only wearing dark jean short-shorts and a black strapped belly shirt with white writing. She sat on the bench and I glanced at her.
"I can practically feel your pounding headache. You probably got shit wasted" she said.
I rolled my eyes. I didn't have time to talk back to her. She would whine to Mr. Alpha and get me in shit.
"What? Not going to say anything?" She asked. I didn't answer.

Jay handed a water to me and I took a sip. I felt... better. I glanced at him thankfully. He watched, an amused look across his face.
I turned to find Lori staring at me, her eyes traveling up my body with a smirk until she met my eyes.
"I feel bad for your mate" she said. My eyes narrowed and I clenched my jaw.
"I feel bad for you, Lori. You know Damian never cared about you, so you cry about a fake pregnancy until you get tested and prove you wrong."

Lori raised her eyebrows in surprise.
"Alec!" Scolded Jay in a partial shout.
"I'm gonna get breakfast" I announced quickly, not wanting to hear another speech about being nice to patients. He tried to train my attitude, but he ended without success.
"I'll come too" said Lori, suddenly. I felt surprised, yet annoyed. I looked over to Jay who gave me a look that said, you better be a gentleman and take her to breakfast. I slowly nodded, taking the bait. We began down the hallway. I looked back near the end and felt my heart nearly stop all together.

Beta Jason and Delta Joehn walked down the hallway, Alpha Damian trailing just behind. I kicked my walk with Lori into a higher gear. I glanced back with a sense of relief as they turned into the doctors office. I quickly rounded the corner.
"Hey, slow down" she said. I slowed down a little.

She looked up at me puzzled, but I dragged her along. A loud growl broke out from the direction of doctor Jays office. I looked down at Lori. Confusion and surprise flickered in her eyes. Maybe he was getting stitches for something? I discarded the thought. That strong serious Alpha, yelling over some needle. Or maybe he really did care and Damian learned what I said about Lori. At that thought, I started to a near run. I couldn't make out what he was yelling, I just kept going until I ran across the crowded room with Lori.

"What's up with him?" I asked. She looked up at me and shrugged.

I could hear the sound of Damian's loud growl rip from him across the room. Everyone broke out into a circle. I could only see Damians back. He was tall and towered over Jay.
"Who was in that room with you?" Yelled Damian. Jay shook his head.
"No one. I'm sorry, Damian. Almost the entire pack had been in that room. I couldn't tell you."
"Where is my mate?" Yelled Damian.
"I don't know" shouted Jay. Shane was off the walls and i tried to silence him.

I felt shocked. Doctor Jay tried to keep the room werewolf scentless. How could Damian smell anyone? Lori stepped up suddenly to Damian.
"Hey, baby" she said, snaking her hands around his waist. "Let's just go, hm?" She said, rubbing his back. He hit her. The back of his hand collided with her cheek in a sharp and precise motion. His eyes were black; a sign that his wolf was close to surface. Alpha Damian only had one care. The room went very tense and froze with a sort of fear, so thick I almost couldn't move.

And that only meant one thing. I left the circle quickly. He was insane for his mate and his wolf had taken over. I wasn't staying there to be the next one attacked. Screw Lori. Screw her friend Emily and screw Rihanna too. I could hear him storming down the hallway. I dug in my pocket, looking for my key. I fished around my pockets and a sudden snarl broke my thoughts. I was so dead.

I looked up to see Damian. It was the first time I had actually seen him up close. He had tense light blue eyes that pierced mine and glowed with a clear determination but slowly turned to a darker charcoal. He was shirtless; quite the sight and his dark jeans hung loosely on his hips. His dark hair looked like he had ran his fingers through it a couple of times and his eyes scanned the scene around me; and I felt frozen. I found my mouth to dry to talk. Shane was going crazy and I tried to quiet him. Something was up with him, but I wasn't paying attention.

He walked over towards me and I tried to look natural, but with fail. Why did he come after me?
[Because you were the only one who ran, idiot] hissed Shane. I watched as he scented the air. He looked down at me and I cowered away submissively, earning a growl.
"Mate" he said. I flinched.

"I don't know where she is, man" I said as I stepped out of the way of the door until I was behind him, leaning on the other wall. Time seemed to slow as I watched him scent the air again. Confusion washed over me as he turned around to face me.

"Mate" he growled again, his eyes burning into mine. I raised an eyebrow. Did this guy only know one word?
"I don't know" I said. He narrowed his eyes and Walked over. I lowered my head to the ground in submission once more. I felt fingers under my chin guide my face up. I scented the air and my wolf finally gave me my very much anticipated answer, but there was no need as I felt lips against mine.

[mate!] Yelled Shane intensely. I breathed in his scent again and got my same answer. I scented again and again until I thought it might have the same effect the alcohol did. His lips moved on mine and I couldn't tell if I liked it or not. I pulled from him quickly, tearing his hands from my hips.

My eyes scanned him frantically, as I was at a loss of words for a few seconds.
"W-What do you think you're doing?" I sputtered, louder than intended.
"Don't talk to your Alpha like that" he growled. His voice was low and husky.

"I'm a dude!" I half shouted. His glowing cold eyes narrowed, getting darker. I looked for a way around him but I knew that he would catch me before I even made three steps.
He forced my back to the wall again and I suddenly felt his head to the side of my neck, breathing in my scent.

I stared at him. My mate was a guy. Not only that, but the man was the Alpha. I drew in a breath more desperately, the effort increasing more and more with every breathe. I was to overwhelmed and my body decided I couldn't handle it. I passed out.

*********

Ooooh it's getting good! I hope you love this. I'll probably come back and edit these chapters later on.
I hope to see you next chapter!
~Blazey