Chapter 17

I didn't move. I felt like a deer in headlights. I thought I would be fine seeing him again. But it only brought back the bad memories.
"Who are you?" Clark asked again, snapping me out of my daze.

"Um-" I was taken aback. Last time I had seen Clark, he was on his knees, bloody and being stripped of his Alpha title. Clark shook his head and walked up to me. Damian shifted a little, his grip fastening.
"My apologies, thats a poor start at an introduction. My name is Clark, Damian's father. I used to be the Alpha." I shook his hand.

"I'm Alec Desmond" I said, happiness flickering through me. It was cut short when he spoke again.
"Whats your position in the pack?"
My eyes flickered for a moment.
"Alec is my mate" answered Damian, coming in front of me.

I looked at Clark. He stared dead at me. Jason shifted uncomfortably in the background.
"Damian-"
"Save it, I'm sure what you have to say, I've already heard from someone else."
"Son-"
"Thank you, I hope you have a nice visit" cut off Damian once again. "How long do you plan on staying?"
Clark hesitated.
"Just the day."

"Brilliant. Come, Clark. I will show you my office" offered Damian as he took my hand and led us out past Jason. I looked up at Damian as I stumbled behind him, hearing the footsteps of his dad and beta behind us. He looked calm, like a switch flipped inside of him.

He stopped and opened his office door and we walked in. I winced as his grip tightened on my hand.
"Damian, are you okay?" I quietly asked.
"Never better" he answered as he let go and walked behind his desk. I sat on the corner of the desk and turned around to see Clark and Jason just coming in.

"Clark, take a seat!" Said Damian as he rustled through his drawer and brought out a jug of whiskey. Wait, where the fuck was he hiding that an why the hell was I not allowed to have any?
He looked up at me as I eyed his drink and shook his head, mouthing the words "not for you."

I pouted and he kissed my cheek. He looked up at the old alpha.
"Would you like some, Clark?" He asked.
"No thanks, and you can just call me dad, Son." I was caught off guard by the way Damian looked up at him, his eyes flickering with cold.
"I know" he answered bluntly.
Clark sat in his chair, staring regretfully at his son.

"Damian, please" said Clark softly. Damian noticed Joehn standing at the door, papers in his hands, he drank the rest of the small glass of whiskey he had in his hand and walked over. I looked at Clark as Damian talked to his Delta. I was surprised to see him already staring back at me.

"You said your last name was Desmond?" He asked. I nodded. He stared off thoughtfully.
"My delta's last name was Desmond." I had to look away.
"I know."
"Alec?"
"Hmm?"
"Have you marked Damian?"

I snapped my attention back to him. I hesitated, but nodded, staring into his familiar blue eyes that he closed with thought. He took in a deep breath and leaned back in his seat.
"Has he marked you?"
"No sir..."

"I rather you didn't pry on me and my mates personal business" intervened Damian suddenly as he led Joehn to his desk.
"I just wanted to learn more about your friend."
"Mate" corrected Damian.
"Sorry" Clark laughed lightly. "I just... I would have never guessed that you were..."
"No one could've guessed" I stated quietly.

Clark looked at me surprised.
"You mean the pack hasn't been told that Alec is their Luna?"
"I'm afraid not" answered Joehn, sensing that neither Damian nor I were going to answer his question.