Chapter 16

I'm so sorry that I haven't updated

I found myself jolting up suddenly. The loud crack of thunder had me falling out of bed and it seemed to shake the whole pack house. The white light of thunder filled the room for a flickering second. I hit the floor with a hard thud and immediately sat up, my eyes widely scanning the scene. Was the place on fire? Nope.

I sighed in relief and got up. I looked at the clock on the nightstand. It was midnight. I stopped and noticed something missing as the room briefly flickered with light once more. Where was Damian? His side of the bed was cold, like he hadn't been in it at all. But he had been in here, his scent was all over me.

I turned to the door and realized dull light flooded through from the living room. Suspicion rose through me and I quietly walked over. Damian sat at the table. He wore a white shirt and dark jeans. His arm rested on the chair as he calmly sat alone, thinking. He drank whiskey and I guessed quite a bit because the bottle was starting to look a little empty.

Thunder crashed once again, shaking the house. The only light over the table wobbled and flickered, threatening to turn off at any second. Damian didn't even blink, mindlessly taking slow sips.
It had been a while since I had a drink. I walked over to the cupboard and opened them, looking for a glass.
"Couldn't sleep?" I heard him ask.

"Thunder woke me" I admitted. "What about you?"
"One drink led to another" he answered. I stood on my tip toes to get the glass and turned my head. Damian had his chin propped on his palm, staring at my ass. His eyes met mine, dim and lustful. I rolled my eyes at the drunk alpha and sat across from him.

He watched as I opened the bottle and poured myself some. I leaned back, taking a small mouthful. I raised my eyebrows. It was strong. Damian chuckled as he watched me swallow.

"Not used to drinking?" He asked. I shook my head.
"I've drank plenty of times. Probably more than you" He raised an eyebrow.
"Such words for someone that was so stunned by the first sip" he said, smiling. I narrowed my eyes and he got up.

He walked over to the cabinet and opened it. He grabbed a different bottle and some shot glasses. He walked back over and set them on the table.
"Care to join me then? I would really love to see how better you are than me." I studied the challenging look on his face, then nodded.

He moved four full small glasses over to me and then took one from his four, downing it instantly. He set the little glass down and looked at me, gesturing that it was my turn. I picked up the glass and brought it to my lips. Shit, this was going to burn. I swallowed it down and shook my head.

"You okay?" Asked Damian.
"Totally fine" I squeaked out. He seemed amused and took another shot. I followed along until I finished the fourth. I laid my head down on the table as Damian refilled them.
"Damn, looks like this will be an easy win for me" said Damian, gesturing to how I already looked run down just after four.

I shook my head.
"No, no. I got this" I said, picking up my fifth and downing it. Tears came to my eyes and I mewed a meek "holy shit." It felt so hot in here. I took off my shirt and Damian raised an eyebrow as he set down his sixth.
"I got this" I whispered.

His eyes sort of narrowed and flickered as I drank down my sixth and seventh. Alcohol tolerance, fuck yeah!
"Alec, take it easy" warned Damian.
"Take it easy? I'm gonna whoop your sexy ass" I stated. It was obvious that Damian was ripped between acting on my drunk flirty comment, or continuing to worry about me. Before he could choose, I leaned towards him, my eyes dim.

"Another round" I ordered. Damian leaned back, crossing his arms.
"No way. Go back to bed" he ordered back. I narrowed my eyes.
"Come on pussy cat, scared you'll lose?" I asked.
"No more for you" he said, ignoring my taunt. I sighed, but knew exactly how to handle this. Maybe.