Chapter 2

I nervously pulled my long sleeves further over my hands as I walked to class. I was just hoping nobody would notice me... 

  I stopped briefly before going through the door to my class and prodded my hair to cover a little more of my face. 

  Then walked into the room full of people. All the people that hate me. Well, no, the whole world isn't in there, but the ones who show it most. 

  As I walked in I held my breath, but I wasn't lucky enough. I heard Chloe Adams, the meanest of the mean girls. "Hey look, the freak escaped the circus again!" 

  I looked down and walked to the back of the room amidst the laughs and stares. I sat down and hid my face with my hair until the English teacher walked in and restored order. 

  I looked up and tried to pay attention, but it was the first day today and just a review. I knew this stuff, it was boring anyway... I wasn't counting on making it to the end of the year anyway. 

  So I began sketching, the one thing I was good at. Only, I never wanted anyone to see it. Because what I drew reflected on me too much, and nobody could ever know how I felt. This time I was drawing the grim reaper. 

  About half-way through I heard my name. "Nicole Moors! You are not paying attention, are you?" 

  I looked up quickly. Everyone was looking at me, most were giggling. "S-sorry sir, I just already know this stuff." I spoke up nervously. 

  He raised an eyebrow. "Oh you do, do you? What is a predicate nominative?" 

  "A predicate nominative is a word in the nominative case that completes a copulative verb." I stated. I had memorized the definition for all the grammar terms off google, I might not know what they meant but at least I could recite those. It was better than being teased for not knowing on top of everything else, like last year. 

  The teacher narrowed his eyes. He seemed to want to punish me somehow. "Correct. Now please pay attention to what I'm saying because next time it'll be worse than a question to answer." 

  I let out a breath I realized I'd been holding. I couldn't get in trouble on the first day... My parents- No, I wasn't going to think about them. I just kept my eyes on the teacher. While maybe sketching in my mind. 

...........................................................................................................................................

*Quick note! The next chapters may contain self-harm and stuff, so if you don't like that you may not want to read my book.* 

  And here's what Nicole looks like, if anyone was wondering!