Chapter 13

Joey and I walked into school, holding hands. I stuck close by him, half dreading and half excited for our encounter with Chloe. I guess I wasn't much better than her for wanting her in the hospital, but at least I had a decent reason! 

 Then, I saw her, surrounded by her gang of make-up caked monkeys. She spotted Joey and I almost immediately. 

  "Joey! Is she still holding you captive? Oh don't worry, I'll rescue you before she kills you!" Chloe whined in a high pitched, annoying voice. 

  "Why yes, she has stolen my heart and I love being my girlfriend's captive! Please, don't rescue me!" He grinned at her and pulled me closer to his side. 

  My oh my, I have never seen anyone look more shocked and angry than Chloe did. "Your... WHAT?!" She spat, fuming. Her face was brighter red than her lipstick and even her loyal minions backed away. 

  "My GIRLFRIEND. Sorry, are you hard of hearing? I didn't know, maybe that's why you haven't gotten the hint yet." I had trouble not squealing and hugging Joey,  this alone was worth seeing that demon again. 

  "The- What- My hearing is FINE!" She screeched, and stomped towards us. 

  "YOU!" She slapped me in the face before either Joey or I could react. "I TOLD YOU TO DIE, WHY AREN'T YOU DEAD?" 

  Then Joey got angry, angrier than Chloe even. "You DO NOT slap her!" He punched Chloe, right in the nose. Blood sprayed out, and she looked horrified. "You DO NOT tell her to die!" He punched her in the stomach. "Because you know what? SHE DID TRY TO! She should not listen to a-" He trailed on into a string of colorful words, some of which I'd never even heard, and by the time he was done Chloe was lying on the floor sobbing and a teacher was dragging Joey away from her. 

  "You are suspended, Mr. Estrada, do you hear? For two weeks! That is no way to behave-" He was saying to Joey. 

  "I don't care! That little- She made Nicole-" Joey spat. 

  "I do not care, no excuses. Out!" The teacher yelled. 

  "I'm not sorry! At all!" Joey growled, then stormed away. I took one look at Chloe's minions glowering at me evilly, and I walked after Joey. 

  "Miss Moors!" The teacher called after me. "You have class and are way behind-" I ignored him and kept walking after Joey, eerily happy about seeing someone beat up.