Chapter 5

Picture is of Dakota's wolf

His Wolf's Name Is Unknown As Of Right Now

***

I woke up to the chirping of extremely annoying birds and someone poking my arm and repeatedly saying,

"Piper! Piper! Piper! Piper wake up! Piper wake up!" Trace said in a baby voice, making me glare at him and I raised my hands before acting as though I was going to strangle him and he gulped in fear. "Well, you're awake now, so... Bye!" Before I could even say anything he was gone, the only thing that was missing was the cloud of dust from where he ran off to.

"Bye" I mumbled, getting up and dusting myself off before I looked down at my watch, "Dang! I missed lunch! It's almost Dinner time!" I raced into the pack house, running into someone and falling backwards, landing on my butt.

"Whoops, sorry mate stealer" A snarky voice remarked, and I looked up to see Linda, her red hair making her look like a she-devil instead of a she-wolf. I saw another girl who I assumed was Linda's sidekick step out from behind her, she had long golden hair and bright blue eyes, just like mine, minus the hair color since mine was more brown.

"Hey Linda! I think I saw Dakota going to the kitchen!" She exclaimed and I gave her a confused look, he wasn't even here! He was with Jared in the office's.

"Dibs!" Linda screeched before shoving people out of the way and racing off, her sidekick walked up to me and offered her hand to help me up, I took it with a smile and she smiled back at me.

"Nice to finally meet the new Beta Female" she said with a smile "I'm so sorry about Linda, she's just so crazy, I wouldn't even be her friend if she wasn't blackmailing me" she said with a groan and I furrow my brows in confusion.

"How is she blackmailing you?" I ask and her face turns a deep red,

"W-well... Uh...." she trails of nervously, "She may have pictures of me and my mate making out and... other stuff..." she ended before smiling awkwardly at me, "Anywho, I hope we can become real friends, I'm Kayla" I smiled before offering my hand to shake, which she took happily.

"I hope so too, my name is Piper" I smiled before looking around for Trace. "You haven't happened to see a tall kid, he's about 6 foot 3 inches, with black hair and green eyes, pretty stupid?" She giggled,

"Actually, yes!" She exclaimed "He looked so scared of something!" She laughed and I joined her.

"That something was me!" I said with a smile and she chuckled,

"Wow, he ain't so tough looking now!" She said before stopping and looking behind me, "Linda's coming back! You better go, your friend went that way, towards the training field"

"Thanks so much Kayla!" I grinned before racing off in the direction Trace went.

***

"Help!" Trace squeaked, hiding behind his mom, Luna Amber.

"Tsk Tsk, Trace you did this to yourself" She said, I grinned and laughed as Luna Amber grabbed his ear and pulled him out from behind her and pulled him forward so she was behind him.

"All I did was wake you up! Have mercy!" Trace cried, getting on his knees and begging, I laughed before hearing someone behind me,

"And why should she have mercy on you?" A husky voice demanded playfully, slipping an arm around my waist, pleasurable sparks erupted on my skin where it came in contact with his, Dakota smirked his eyes shining with amusement.

"Uh... because... um..." Trace paused quickly before going, "I'm too young to die!" He cried, "Please! Call her off!" Trace begged Dakota and I grinned wickedly, Dakota looked down at me, smirking before looking at Trace.

"On one condition..." Dakota trailed Off for effect,

"Anything" Trace begged

"Hm... Gotta make this good..." Dakota said with a grin, thinking, before he smirked, "You have to act like a chicken for the rest of the day" Dakota said, and I laughed seeing Trace's face turn to one of dread.

"No!" Trace exclaimed and Dakota's smirk grew wider,

"Then I guess I can't hold her back for long..." Dakota said, his hands slipping from around my waist, the pleasurable feeling of his touch disappeared and I tried not to pout as I took a single step closer to Trace.

"No! I agree! I agree!" Trace yelled and I stepped back, grinning.

"Now you have to act like a chicken!" I exclaimed, and smirked at him and he pouted.

"I know..." he whined,

"Excuse me? What was that?"

"I know!" Trace exclaimed,

"I'm sorry, I must be going deaf, what did you say?" Trace understood and didn't say another word, he only said,

"Bawk!" He spread his arms out, his head hanging and flapped them like a bird before 'tucking his wings in' and walking away, a few of the werewolves around gave him weird looks that he either didn't see or ignored.

"Nice one!" I grinned before Dakota chuckled and we high fived each other before laughing.

"That was great, just wait till dinner!" Dakota said with a smirk and I smiled up at him as he took my hand, entwining his fingers with mine. "Speaking of, shall we go? We are going out to eat, your packmates that came and me and Jared"

"Sounds great! But... who am I riding with? I have no clue where my parents are" I ask and he smiles at me,

"Well, Trace is going with his parents and yours, so you will be riding with me since Jared wanted to take his own car and ride by himself, I'm pretty sure he just wanted to listen to his music and sing by himself though" he said with a chuckle.

"That is Jared" I smiled before he pecked my lips and led me to his car so we could start heading to dinner.

***
A/N

I can't wait till Friday, I suck at schedules so I am just going to post when I have time!

I thought the chapter would be too long with the dinner, so I decided I would put the dinner in the next chapter!

Question: What do you think of Kayla?

Hope you loved the chapter! Please

Vote

Comment

And, Share

Thanks! Until the next update!