Chapter 12

Dakota's POV

"Call a pack meeting" Jared informed me, I nodded,

"I'm going to tell Kayla first, Piper was her friend" I told him, he nodded before heading to the main entrance of the pack house to talk with Kyle and Trace. I ran a hand through my hair as I started to walk towards Kayla and Landon's room. As I came to their door I knocked and Landon opened the door, he gave me a smile but when he saw my defeated expression the smile turned into a look of worry.

"What is it?" Landon asked, looking around me, probably for Piper, the thought of her was heartbreaking and I was struggling to keep myself together.

"Piper was taken" I say quietly, biting the inside of my cheek to keep from crying in front of him, I am his Beta, I can't be weak.

"Oh my god, I'm sorry," he told me apologetically, "I'll go tell Kayla..." he said, I nodded,

"There's a pack meeting at the pack house's entrance about it" I informed him, trying to stand a little taller.

"Alright, hope we find her" Landon said, I nodded,

"I hope so too..." I mumbled to myself as he closed the door. I ran both of my hands through my hair and took calming breaths, I don't know if I can make it the whole day.

***

Piper's POV

I sniffed, getting up from the grass and looking around before my eyes landed on two men, they didn't glance my way but stood, backs straight, I think they were guards, but I couldn't be sure. If I didn't know Dakota though, I would be probably be drooling, they are pretty good looking. One had blonde hair that was in one of those odd hair cuts were their hair swooped or whatever, I always called them fwooshy hair cuts. The other had dark red hair, he seemed to be the more serious of the two. I shook my head to rid myself of those thoughts before putting on a more determined look.

How can I get out of here?

I thought, looking around before far off in the distance I saw woods, knowing it would be a very long walk, maybe a day or two seeing the distance between me and the trees.

Better start now

I thought with a sigh, starting my long, tiring walk to the forest's edge.

Maybe I can shift?

I asked myself, I attempted shifting before I doubled over in pain, trying only caused me this pain, falling on my knees I waited for the pain to subside before I groaned and started walking once again.

***

Dakota's POV

Call it a hunch, but I felt a slight pain in my body and knew Piper was in pain. I picked up the pace as I went to the entrance of the pack house, stopping when I saw Jared, I had informed many people of the pack meeting and they had all gathered around, most nervous and confused. No one really knew Piper was my mate, so this would be shocking to some, but I headed to where Jared was and stood next to him.

"Well, Everyone should be here" Jared said, I nodded,

"I got everyone" I said, and Jared patted my back as I smiled weakly at him.

"I promised you we will find her, I'm not breaking that promise" he told me, straight faced before turning to the gathering crowd, as did I, Kyle and Trace among them, as I searched the crowd I found Kayla, her eyes were red and puffy, Landon was holding her close in an embrace, trying to soothe her. I turned away to look at Jared as he spoke,

"In case you didn't know, we have been receiving a lot of rogues attacks" the crowds started murmuring, but when Jared spoke next they hushed. "And they got one of our packs future members, Beta Dakota's mate, Piper" many in the crowd gasped, while one brave soul spoke out.