Chapter 13 Part Two

Dakota's POV

3 years ago

"What?" I asked, looking at her face, she had been one of my best friends! Now she's claiming she loves me?

"Please!" She begged and I pulled my arm out of her grip, I will stay true to my mate! Her face showed that she was crying, black streaks seemed to be drawn under her eyes from her mascara, her blonde hair was knotted from running through the woods earlier. "Dakota!" She cried, desperate for my answer.

"No... I can't do that" I told her, and she fell onto her hands and knees.

"I-I killed him for you!" She growled, her form was quivering and I stepped back, confused and afraid. When she looked back up at me I could see the anger in her face... only her eyes weren't the deep green they normally were, they were a bright, piercing yellow.

"Lillian?" I gasped and she growled,

"I'm not Lillian anymore" she scoffed, looking me straight in the eyes. "She's dead!" She laughed coldly, grinning and showing her new, sharp teeth. I took a step back, as she continued, "I am Tasha, Lillian was an Idiot!" She snarled, and I recognized Tasha, that was her wolf's name. "She killed my mate! All because of you!" She growled and my eyes widened. "She was sure that you would be her mate! Yet here we are!" She snapped "I will get revenge! It's your fault she was so stupid! Your fault she didn't listen and killed him! I will torture and kill your mate! You will feel my pain!" She snarled, and with that she walked out.

"Shoot!" I growled, getting up off the ground, I hadn't realized I'd fallen when I was moving back. I growled once again, dusting myself off, I went to Jared's room, knocking on the door. He opened it wearing only a pair of loose sweatpants, showing some of his boxers. We normally went on a run once a day in human form, so he had some abs, not as much as me.

"Dang it! I thought you were a chick" he frowned, I frowned with him.

"You're an alpha are you kidding me right now?" I motioned to his outfit.

"You like?" He asked with a smirk, wiggling his eyebrows, I groaned in frustration.

"I have better things to do! And so do you!" I snapped, he frowned but started listening and I told him what had happened.

"Now get changed" I ordered him, he nodded after he was done swearing after hearing the news. I walked away from his door, and went to look for her.

***
Piper's POV

Present

"They never found her, obviously" Mason said, I frowned at him.

"So you mean I'm being held captive by an insane wolf person?" I ask, and he nods, "but you said she has blonde hair! Her hair is black in case you haven't noticed!" I point out, and he looks at me like I'm stupid.

"Have you not heard of hair dye?" Trevor butted in, and Mason elbowed him in the ribs.

"I was telling her!" Mason frowned at him while Trevor rubbed the side of his ribs. I was still trying to register the story they just told me in my mind, why hadn't Dakota told me this? So, naturally, I asked.

"Why hasn't Dakota told me this?" I ask, and Trevor glanced at Mason to make sure he wouldn't speak before he told me.

"How long have you known each other exactly?" Trevor asked,

"A month... I think" I said with a shrug, he nodded,

"Probably didn't want to scare you away" he said, "because I would've run if I knew some crazy wolf girl was going to kill me" Trevor said, shuddering dramatically.