The Voices

Don't you hate it when the voices won't shut up. They keep on talking, clogging up your imagination. They fill up your mind to where it is physically impossible to think. The voices want you to do bad things to yourself, and others. They want to defeat your only purpose to live. They want to talk over you, sometimes you let them. Don't you hate it when they take all your pride? You finally work up the courage to talk to that one special person and they don't care. They take what you say and throw it back at you. The voices won't shut up about it. They will never let go of that one moment you failed. The voices call you a failure, worthless and that no one will ever love you. So you start believing them, you start giving up the fight you have been fighting for what seems like ages. Then the moment you give in, it all goes blank. The voices clogging up your mind start slipping into your soul. So you start believing them and taking everything to heart. That one person you love still hates you. You found your soul mate, they did not. They want nothing to do with you. They want you dead. They never want to see you again. The voices often remind you of when this happens. They never give you a break. You try to get rid of the voices, it don't work, it never works. Then one of the voices tells you the only way to get rid of the voices is to end them, and yourself. You believe this one. You feel like this is your only way out. That voice tells you to cut a little deeper, take a little more, and to drink the undrinkable. You're unprepared for your short future ahead of you. All you know is you want it to end. You hate living with these voices. You just want silence, and that is what you'll get. She grabs the rope and steps on the chair. She looks at the moon and whispers, ¨Never forget me mommy.¨ She lets herself slip off the chair as her little toes dangle. She has decided her fate. The voices had won again. Nothing could stop her from that final decision. Nothing could take it back. Slowly everything started fading. Finally, no more pain.