Chapter 8

"Cameron! Come here! Look how cute they are!"

"Coming!"

I wake up from my deep slumber, not bothering to open my eyes. Only then did I realize that I had arms wrapped around my waist. My eyes instantly shoot open and I come face-to-face with Joe.

I see a flash go off in the corner of my eyes. Shooting my head up from his chest, I look over at Larissa to find she's taking pictures of us. 

My eyes narrow. "Why are you taking pictures?"

She smiles innocently. "Because, you guys are too cute."

I immediately try to get out of Joe's grasp, but that just results in him pulling me closer.

Larissa giggles and takes more pictures. Cameron comes into the room a smirk stitched onto his face.

"Well, well Savannah," he says, grinning mischievously. "I didn't pin you on being a cheater. How could you do that to your friend. Sleeping with your friends boyfriend. That's just sad."

"Shut up Cameron! We didn't do anything," I protest, shooting daggers at him with my eyes.

"Sure sure, whatever you say."

I glare at him before going to wake Joe up. I push his shoulder but he doesn't budge. "Joe?"

He doesn't seem to move, so I push him of the couch startling him awake. Cameron and Larissa burst out into laughter.

"What the..?" he says, rubbing his eyes. "How did I end up on the floor."

"I pushed you," I admit nonchalantly.

He gives me a flat look. "Gee, thanks."

"What?" I ask. "You had your arms around me and wouldn't let go. So I pushed you off me."

I couldn't help but notice his cheeks tinted pink. Was he blushing? I didn't say anything, since I didn't want to embarrass him but Cameron sure as hell did.

"Is Joey blushing?" Cameron coo's, reaching over and pinching his cheeks.

"Shut up Cameron!" Joe yells.

Larissa face instantly lights up with a smirk. "It's funny how you guys are oddly alike. See your perfect for each other."

"Larissa," I snap. "He's got a girlfriend."

"That I do," Joe agree's with me. "And I am not breaking up with her to go out with Savannah."

For some reason that made me feel jealous. Wait. Why should I be jealous? Have my old feelings resurfaced? I shake my head. No way. I cannot like him again.

"Joe?" Larissa asks him. "Does Savannah look familiar to you?"

My head whips around to face Larissa. She did not just say that. I glare at her and she smiles innocently back at me.

"Yeah, I had a best friend who looks kind-of like her," he responds.

"She died right?" Cameron asks, bluntly.

I look at him in shock. He did not just say that.

But Joe just shrugs. "Yeah she did."

I felt like I got stabbed in the chest. Doesn't he care that I died. Well technically I didn't die. But he should care, I was his best friend once. So all the things he's been telling me, that he misses me. It was all a lie.

I see Larissa shooting me a concerned look, but I just shrugged it off.

"I think I'm going to go home," I whisper getting up from the couch.