Bonus chapter 4: Wedding part 2

Emmett, Jasper, and Edward didn't get back from hunting until a few hours before the wedding at 8 in the morning. 10 minutes before they came back, Alice dragged me to her upstairs bedroom. It was the only room that didn't overlook the backgarden, where the wedding ceremony and reception would take place. She had prohibited Emmett from going anywhere near where she was preparing me so he was outside with the others helping Esme hang flowers.

An hour later, Alice started prepping me. I was never one to wear makeup and do anything with my hair other than leave it down or throw it up in a ponytail, but my wedding seemed like a suitable occasion to look nice. She delicately arranged it in a half-updo, with soft waves beneath an intricate, twisted style.

I found out quickly that makeup on vampire skin behaves much differently than on human skin. In general, our smooth, hard bodies don't collect dirt as it has nothing to stick to and we don't perspire or shed skin cells.

Now it was time for the dress. With Esme's help, Alice carefully fastened the long line of pearl buttons up my back.

She took a few steps back, marvelling her handiwork, "I'm going to get ready and I'll come get you when we're about to start." In the full length mirror, I admired my final look. I had only seen the dress, but the completed ensemble, with the hair and makeup, looked... good. This feeling of self confidence about my appearance was something I still hadn't come to terms with.

The dress had long sleeves made of intricate lace. It was fitted on my upper body but at my hips, it spread wider. The narrow sheath of the shimmering white dress flared out subtly at the train almost like an inverted calla lily.

Alice was back half an hour later, in a dress that flowed down her slender body like a silvery waterfall.

"Alice—wow."

"It's nothing. No one will be looking at me today. Not while you're in the room." I smiled shyly.

She continued, "Its time." I followed her to my room downstairs. The huge glass doors were opened, I could feel the light breeze on my skin, along with the fragrance of a million flowers. White roses lined the grass aisle, before turning right to where the guests were, out of my sight.

Alice quickly darted out of the room, returning with the two frothy white bouquets. The scent of roses and orange blossom and freesia enveloped me in a soft mist.

"Ready?" She asked, standing right in front of me, on her tiptoes to better stare me in the eye, though she was still much shorter. I nodded.

Edward, the best musician in the family, began playing the piano outside, Pachelbel's Canon.

"Follow me in five seconds." Alice began a slow, graceful dance down the aisle. A sudden fanfare trilled through the soaring music. I recognized my cue and went down the aisle, matched her pace.

As soon as I turned, I saw Emmett, standing before an arch overflowing with more flowers, more gossamer. I was barely conscious that Carlisle stood by his side. Emmett's face filled my vision and overwhelmed my mind. His eyes were a buttery, burning gold; his perfect face was almost severe with the depth of his emotion. And then, as he met my awed gaze, he broke into a breathtaking smile of euphoria.

For a brief second, I was distracted by the profusion of white blossoms that hung in garlands from everything in the room that wasn't alive, dripping with long lines of white gossamer ribbons.