THE PLEASURE (5)

Olivia Colton was astounded at the fact that her father's boss was about to show up at her house for a congenial home-cooked dinner. For a week after that cabin proposal by Alexander both had been involved in a series of steamy office moments but she had awoken the very morning with her mother, Nancy, scurrying about the house in a frantic state, cleaning, dusting, mopping etc and suddenly finding out that her lover was showing up when he hadn't told her anything about this. Olivia tried dodging past her in secrecy to avoid any or all the chores she was about to dump on her unfortunately for Olivia, her mom spotted her ducking for the bathroom across her bedroom.

"Olivia Jae Colton! You better freshen up this instant, get to the kitchen and start prepping for a pot-roast because Mr Sirius is about to show up in less than six hours," Olivia's heart skipped a beat as her mother announced her lover's name; she glanced eagerly at the wall-clock to see that it had just struck one meaning that he would be there by seven. Olivia knew in her mind that there was more than enough time to prepare for his arrival yet she couldn't stop the overwhelming nerves that kept insisting everything was going to be a mess nonetheless she collected herself and rushed to get her share of the work done.

The clock had struck six and Alexander had called her father to inform him that he'd be there in approximately thirty minutes and as soon as David Colton informed the ladies of the house about this information they immediately abandoned their chores and rushed to get ready. Olivia took a deep breath and straightened her already immaculate alabaster-floral dress that skirted delicately around her knees and strode out of her incredibly bright, lilac room. Her small white heels clacked against the marble floor with each step and she was mid-stride, almost down the stairs that were structured in front of the entrance of their modest, three-bedroom house. When suddenly, the conventionally irking 'ring' of the doorbell reverberated through their humble abode and her mother rushed forward, dressed impeccably in a respectable/conservative beige shaded dress with her chestnut-colored locks in a dainty bun, and opened the door to reveal the undeniably godly, Alexander Sirius.

She couldn't keep her eyes away from his tux-ed frame, resonating his highly extravagant taste. His inky hair that usually fell down to his shoulders were now slicked back in a neat accent, juxtaposing his typical disheveled look nonetheless it made him look all the more delicious, Olivia concluded. In his right arm was tucked a fancy appearing bottle of some vintage wine and he appeared to have murmured something that caused the woman of forty-five to blush and giggle childishly. 

Olivia looked at the scene in amusement as her father rambled to the door and found his wife fawning over his younger boss, he seemed to be uncomfortable at first yet as soon as Alexander turned his attention to David and handed him the wine all his strain dissipated so with a word of appreciation Olivia's father began leading the group to the dining room, not before stopping in front her for terse, customary pleasantries to be exchanged between Olivia and Alexander. 

Olivia could feel her voice faltering as she murmured a simple hello, indicating to a deeper connection than that of a boss and mere intern howbeit quite unsurprisingly Alexander's reply was steady and nonchalant, erasing any indication of an intimate familiarity between the two and made Olivia doubt their previous encounters of passion but then she looked into his eyes. Those stormy azure eyes spoke volumes; the dark look with which he addressed her caused a rush of warmth to pool in her abdomen and she couldn't stop the bashful yet excited smile that covered her supple lips.

The small group chatted about various neutral topics as they dined. "This has been one of the most delicious meals Mrs. Colton; I thank you for such a pleasant experience," Alexander proclaimed in his baritone voice making the older woman smile gratifyingly.