THE CHANGE (22)

I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY THE UPDATE. I KNOW IT TAKES ME A WHILE TO UPDATE NOW AND THAT MIGHT LOSE ME SOME READERS BUT MY SITUATION RIGHT NOW HAS JUST BEEN A LITTLE COMPLICATED. I RECENTLY STARTED UNIVERSITY, MOVED TO A DIFFERENT COUNTRY AND IT'S BEEN A MAJOR CHANGE TO SAY THE LEAST. THE FACT THAT IM NO LONGER A KID AND ALL THESE ADULT RESPONSIBILITIES ARE SUDDENLY PILING UP JUST MAKES ME MISS THE OLD DAYS WHEN I WAS JUST WRITING AND LIVING MY BEST LIFE WITH MY BEST FRIENDS. I AM A LITTLE DEPRESSED BUT WRITING STILL HELPS ME GET THROUGH A LOT OF MY INSECURITIES AND SADNESS SO BE ASSURED I WILL BE CONTINUING TO WRITE FORVER IT JUST MIGHT TAKE A BIT LONGER FOR UPDATES SO IM SORRY. 

-------------------------------------

"I knew he wasn't someone I could be with after that night... it was the final straw," Olivia's subdued tone permeated the quietude mantling the small room. 

"That-that's quite a messy situation you got yourself into," the pudgy woman before Olivia responded before continuing "but you see Olivia, my dear, it's been a little over three months since that incident and it seems like your life has halted since. You need to move on and honestly, the emotional scarring might be too much to process through an oratory consultation. I think mayhap we should look into a medication option, we could always start you off on a low dosage of antidepressants for a quick fix and continue to work through this all so that you can concentrate on your university with ease until then," 

Olivia's doe eyes rolled on their own accord, perhaps spilling her life's biggest regrets and greatest source of happiness (which unfortunately happened to be the same) to a cheap therapist she found online wasn't the best idea but on the insistence of her aunt after her academic performance had gone down significantly in comparison to her usual results, she had given in and after a month talking to Mrs Chadwick  Olivia had come to the conclusion that these sessions weren't going to help her through anything. She shot the older woman in front of her a tight smile and grabbed her bag from the seat next to her. 

"I'll consider the medication option. Thanks for all your help Mrs Chadwick," Olivia responded and hoped her voice didn't sound all that sarcastic. 

Receiving a humbled nod from the oblivious older woman Olivia left the premises and began making her way back to her dorms. Her fists clenched at the thought of being drugged up in order to forget her pain and the glaring scar left by her entanglement with the dark and intense Alexander Sirius.  No! she could do this on her own without drugs as a crutch in order to get her life back in order; she was strong enough!        

Taking a deep breath she moved into the dull white building wherein her university accommodation resided. She glanced at her phone's screen and saw that it was almost six, fifteen minutes left until she had scheduled to talk to her ex best-friend. Their relationship wasn't all that it once was, in fact, she would go as far as to describe it as strained in the least but she now realized Fawn only ever wanted what was best for her so Olivia had tentatively reached out to her a few weeks ago and they had begun talking again. 

She ambled into her single-person accommodation and languidly pushed open her laptop screen. A few moments later as she stared at her own face in the video-calling app, waiting for a peak of Fawn's unruly blonde locks. 

"Hey..." her ex-best-friend's faint voice permeated her minuscule room after a moment.