THE REVELATION (20)

UM SO I DON'T REALLY DO THIS BUT I JUST FEEL THIS GENUINE URGE TO JUST SPILL IT AND MAYBE FIND SOMEONE FEELING THE SAME WAY I AM. I DON'T KNOW? WRITING WAS ALWAYS AN ESCAPE FOR ME BUT NOW EVEN WRITING CAN'T GET ME AWAY FROM THIS WEIRD SAD FEELING, NOT THAT MY LIFE IS HORRIBLE OR ANYTHING BUT I JUST FEEL SOO... IDK LONELY AND SAD SOMETIMES WHICH IS ADMITTEDLY VERY STUPID WHEN I HAVE FRIENDS AND FAMILY BUT I JUST FEEL LIKE NO ONE REALLY GETS ME OR THIS IS ALL JUST TEENAGE ANGST. FUCK I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE IM GOING WITH THIS, JUST I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND WHY IT TAKES ME SO LONG TO UPLOAD SOMETIMES. IN CONCLUSION, I'M SAD AND THERE'S NO WAY AROUND IT. WELL HOPE YOU ALL SURVIVE THIS PANDEMIC AND COME OUT OKAY WITH YOUR LOVED ONES AND WITHOUT ANY OTHER DELAY, HERE'S THE CHAPTER ALSO UM THANKS A LOT FOR ALL YOUR COMMENTS TELLING ME HOW MUCH YOU ENJOY THE STORY, REALLY KEEPS ME GOING <3

"You're so fucking stupid Olive!" screamed Fawn as she paced the fluffy carpet of her floor. 

Olivia's eyes lowered in shame as she continued to endure the berating her friend deemed apt for the situation.  She had finally told her about the decision to continue her relationship with Alexander after she had forgiven him a week ago. She could only estimate that Fawn's countering reprimand had been going on for about thirty or so minute but it started to feel almost like a lifetime at this point. She knew that Fawn was only delivering what could be considered a normal reaction by conventional human sentimental standards however she also knew that her circumstances with Alexander were far from the ordinary or typical or even fucking rational. So she continued to listen to Fawn going on and on about how this was the worst decision of her life, not absorbing an iota of her warnings just listening to placate her.  

Her mind was made up, she'd give Alexander another shot. Yes, he'd lied about his marriage and freaked out over a poor, innocent driver but at the end of the day he was her dream man and how many more like him would she meet? None is she would reckon so with only a hint of hesitance she had jumped back into the deep grey of his stormy eyes.  

Now she sat in front of her best friend just going through the motions hoping that her choice hadn't led to her losing the dearest and oldest friend she had ever had but if that was what it takes to keep him, she decided she was willing to make that sacrifice. Anything for him. Anything. 

"You're not going to listen to me, are you? No matter how many times I try to tell you how fucked up it is that you're with a man almost twice your age, your father's boss and a clear fucking psychopath!" Fawn finally exclaimed with a broken sigh, a resigned sort of look in her eyes. 

"No! It's not that Fawn. I love you and value your opinion but it's complicated, you don't understand what it feels like it with him... I-I love him so much, you have no idea..." Olivia tried explaining, ultimately failing to word the indescribable sentiment she experienced with Alexander thus a sort of juvenile feeling engulfing her due to her lack of words.

"Yeah, I clearly don't. Look Olive I think you should leave I need time to think things through and maybe make a few decisions that are going to hurt you now but ultimately be for the greater good," Fawn murmured, turning away from her most cherished friend.

Olivia's lip trembled as she tried her hardest to hold back the tears threatening to flow down her cheeks. Not really understanding what Fawn was on about, with a solemn nod of despair, she shuffled out of Fawn's room. Putting up a fake smile on her lips and waving Fawn's parents an apparently cheerful wave and slipping out without another word. 

The usually ten-minute walk back home had been morphed into one that took almost thirty as she wandered the streets with her phone switched off in hopes of clearing her head. When she finally reached her house though, all hell broke loose. Her mother was sobbing on the living room sofa as her father paced in front of her, mumbling incomprehensibly. It seemed like an almost comical caricature of the situation she had been in with Fawn, only her father replaced Fawn's role where Olivia's mother filled in hers.

The low thudding of her feet on the wooden flooring caught their attention as their necks snapped towards her simultaneously. Before she could even get a word in her father flew towards her and bellowed, "Tell me you don't have a relationship with my boss!" he demanded with a furious expression, her mother waiting with an expectant one behind him.

Olivia was caught in surprise by the statement that she couldn't bring herself to respond. Her eyes widened as her father, taking in her silence as an admittance of the aforementioned crime, swung his arm towards her cheek, slapping her with a 'thwack' sound resonating within the walls of the entrance hallway. 

Resounding silence and then followed by a broken sob from her mother. A pained sigh from her father and still only muteness from her. "We're sending you to Melbourne, to your aunt. She's going to help you look into universities there and that's final. I don't want you here anymore!" he announced turning away and shuffling out of the living room. 

Too stunned to protest Olivia looked towards Nancy Colton helplessly but when met with the crumbling expression of her sobbing mother she swallowed her protest, she had hurt them too much she realized. Her mother ambled towards her and looked into her eyes with a discomforting mix of disappointment and hurt. "I don't want you to leave but what you've done is despicable and your father won't be able to forgive this transgression for a while so I'm begging you not to make a scene and just leave, please. I promise I'll try to talk to your father and get you back as soon as possible but until then just go through with this please, for your parent's sake," she pleaded. 

All her bones urged to scream out 'NO!' but looking at her broken mother she restrained herself and nodded mutely in acquiescence. Her mother nodded back before asking for her phone and following behind her father. 

As Olivia stood still in the very spot she hadn't moved an inch from, the enormity of her error and the subsequent situation finally settled in as she let out a low sob and crumbled down to the floor, clutching her knees and hurrying her face into her abdomen, wishing to just disappear and leaving all of this behind and somehow finding her way to Alexander.