PEACE (9)

He was furious; the fact that a few days of his absence had led some slimy, pimple-faced teen to approach his girl didn't settle well with him at all. He knew he had to calm himself down, there was no way she'd go for a little boy when she had a man like him still how dare a child even think he had a claim on Olivia?

Finally, after a few moments of deep breathing, he was restrained enough that he decided to go to the young girl and smooth things over. He rolled up the sleeves of his charcoal-dyed dress shirt and loosened his rich burgundy tie before ambling out of his ice-encased office. 

He found her petite frame hunched over on the marbled kitchenette counter nibbling on an oatmeal cookie and instantly a small smile painted over his angular face as he imagined her petite frame restricting her from reaching the superior variety of snacks located on the top shelf so instead forcing her to settle for the only snack she could reach.

Alexander made his way behind the younger girl and wrapped his brawny arms around her tiny torso. She let out a gratified sigh and leaned back into his hold. "I thought you were mad at me," she murmured with an indignant huff causing him to release a deep chuckle.

"I wasn't mad at you; I don't think I'm capable of being mad at you. I was angry at the fact that a mere boy tried to take something that belonged to me," he mumbled nuzzling into the crook of her neck, taking in her sweet natural scent.

"No one would take me from you," she replied earnestly snuggling into his embrace.

He only hummed in reply after which a few minutes of peaceful silence followed. "Come to my office and give me some company whilst I finish some paperwork then we can head out to lunch," he began tugging at her lithe arm but when she resisted he directed his complete attention towards her with a confounded expression.

"I-I can't go to lunch with you because Dad or someone else might see us and then tell dad!" she exclaimed worriedly in response.

Instantaneously, his confused visage morphed into one of pure anger. "Are you ashamed of me?" 

Her eyes widened due to the misinterpreted message and quickly moved towards him; with a reassuring voice, she began "No, of course not!  Even you know any girl would be lucky to be associated with you but I'm not ready for my dad to find out that I'm intimate with his boss right now," 

He let out a frustrated sigh, "No one will find out; I'm taking you to a friend's restaurant so it'll be evidently discreet furthermore your father wouldn't question me," with that being said he grabbed her arm and led her to his office.

He took a seat at his lush desk before pulling Olivia's tiny frame onto his lap. He began pulling out a few files and sifting through the manilla pages one after another all the while keeping his left hand firmly on the exposed skin of her thigh which was a result of his ministrations on her modest mid-calf skirt. 

She enjoyed a quiet moment in his warm, brawny arms whilst he worked through his documents in an evidently relaxed stature which brought a smile to her face. Time ticked by, minute after minute in comfortable silence when finally she realized that Alexander had cleared through a stack of folders and was finishing up his last one, scrawling his signatures onto the bottom of the page before giving it a thorough once over and closing it up.