therapy session

A/N I'm updating today and I may again later because today is my birthday. YAY! Thank you all for reading.

I sat in a field laying down reading a book, however, I turned to my side when I heard footsteps and I saw Shikamaru walking towards me. He didn't notice me so I jumped into a tree and hid from him. He laid down and watched the clouds. he turned towards me and I tensed. I jumped out of the tree and went to walk away but my whole body froze.

"shadow possession complete." Shikamaru said.

my eyes narrowed and I was made to turn around and face Shikamaru. he walked forward and so did I. we stood in front of each other. what was he going to do was he going to beat me. however, he let me go and handed me my book.

"you left it on the ground. it was a drag to give it back." He said in his usual lazy tone.

I gave a small bow before running off. Before he got out of sight I turned around and gave him one last look before leaving. I kept walking having an appointment with Inochi meaning I was off missions for half the day. I walked into his house slightly bowing to his wife before going into his office and sat down on a couch and he sat in front of me on another couch.

"how have you been lately Shizuko?" He asked.

"not too bad." I lied.

my mind has been clouded by dark thoughts more in the past week or so. Inochi tapped his finger against the arm of the chair.

"I can't help you if you don't tell me the truth." Inochi said.

I looked down before I wrapped my arms around myself. He stood up and placed a hand on my head and that simple action caused a memory to run through my head.

a large man placed his hand on my head and smiled but it was all to fake. he grabbed my hair and smashed me against the ground. this was before the stole my voice so pained sounds escaped my mouth. he pulled my hair and my head came up and he wrapped his hand around my neck while still holding my hair. he moved closer to my ear and I could feel him smile.

"you, my dear will grow to be a wonderful beauty and we'll make so much money off of you. maybe I should teach you a thing or two." He said in his gravelly voice.

I whimpered as I tried to get out of his grasp. he just laughed and his hand tightened around my neck cutting off my air supply.

"to bad boss said I can't do anything yet. he has to run a few tests but when he's done I can have as much fun with you as I can." He laughed.

he threw me into the far wall of my cell before leaving and taunting me with slowly closing the barred door. I growled as I stayed on the ground too weak to move.

I shook my head trying to get the memory to go away. I heard Inochi sigh as he looked at me intently.

"I wish you would allow me to go through your memories so I could understand more of whats going on." He said.

"I've told you I don't want you to go through my memories I have my reasons Inochi." I said.

he learnt sign language before I even came to the leaf. his old teammate Shikaku taught him and he also taught me. Inochi just nodded hearing it a thousand times. I wasn't going to let him see my memories there are things in there I want no one to see. We went on with our session talking and trying to figure out ways to improve my life. such as having fewer flashbacks and fewer nightmares. but we both knew there was no way we could get rid of them completely.

after an hour and a half it was over I would be here next fortnight unless on a long mission. I walked out of the compound and towards the Hokage's office where my team should be heading to. I walked t the Hokage's office to hear familiar yelling. I knocked on the door and was told to enter. when I entered I saw Kakashi holding back Naruto who was trying to attack a drunken old man. I gave a small bow to the old man and he gave me a small nod knowing where I was.

"why are you so late?" Sakura asked.

"don't worry about that." Kakashi said.

I'm guessing he also knows why. Sakura glared at me. The mission was explained. I looked at the old man feeling something off about this mission. we went home to pack. I grabbed a bag full off stuff I would need for my mission and as I was packing Ibiki walked into my room and leaned against my door frame. I turned to look at him and smiled at him.

"be careful kid." He said.

I smiled and went to walk away but he gave me a quick hug shocking me. he ruffled my hair.

"I'll be fine." I spelled out to him.

he pushed me out of the house and I ran to the gates and I was a minute or so early so I stood there only to see the bridge builder walking up. he saw me and walked right in front of me. I ignored him a leaned against a tree. I had a bad feeling about this mission but I guess I should just wait and see what happens.