Chapter 6

Bella's POV

"Did you hear the news?" Lenny asked as he burst through my front door.

"No what?" I asked as I continued to eat my cereal.

"I swear you never hear any news. " He complained. "Hunter King is dating someone!" He said and shoved the phone in my face so i could see the article. I blinked a few times to adjust to his brightness.

Hunter King Finally Dating?

"Good for him. Finally settling down." I continued eating and watching the workers across the street.

"Girl you have nothing to say about this?" I shook my head. "What do you mean no. Didn't you guys have something?"

"No I gave him two cups of coffee. He drove me home two times. And he gave me some money. That's it. Nothing more nothing less."

"There was something more. You just don't want to admit it." He stood up.

"Seriously Lenny it was nothing. We're barely acquaintances."

"I have to go, but when you figure out that something more call me." He said before he walked out. I sighed and set my bowl on a side table by my couch. I took one more glance at the hot workers before I got up. I had to start getting ready for work.

...

"Off to work Bella?" A voice said. I jumped back and turned to see who it was.

"Ryan, I told you I don't want your money."

"And I told you people would come for you if you didn't so please just take it." He held out a hundred. Again, I pushed it back.

"Bella take the damn money. I am not taking no or a push this time. Take it." He commanded with a more stern voice. I glared at him before taking the hundred. I shoved it in my purse.

"Happy?"

"Very. Now I know you'll be safe." He gave me a small smile before turning around and walking away.

I walked in the opposite direction and to the elevator. I swear I almost shit my pants every time I step in here. It shakes sometimes or feels like it is dropping down instead of slowly descending like it should.

I looked over at the workers when I stepped outside of my building. I had only made eye contact with one guy once and i swear he had the look of sympathy in his eyes. I haven't seen him since. I walked down the sidewalk heading off to the café.

"Morning Bella." Thea greeted as I walked through the staff only doors.

"Good morning Thea." I smiled and set down my things. I grabbed my apron and put it on.

"I feel like today's going to be busy so be prepared." She said before walking into her office. I nodded and walked out into the main part of the Café. I saw a few people waiting in line.

"Are you here to take over?" A girl with blonde hair asked. I never met her before. Probably because today is Sunday, and it is in the morning. I don't do early morning shifts.

"Yep." I smiled before walking over to the computer and started taking people's orders.

"Hello welcome to The Coffee Café. How may I help you?" I asked with a smile.

"Um yes, I'll have a cup of expresso. Medium." The woman said.

"That'll be $2 please." She handed me the money and I put in the register. Then I went to the machines to start making her coffee.

...

"Almost done Bella?" Thea asked. I was waiting for the last two coffees to be made.

"Yep just two more customers." I said and then the bell above the door rang. I looked up to the door and there he was.