Chapter 5; Normal Life...? (P2)

I lean on the doorframe and just look at the scene unfolding in front of me in sadness. I bite my lip and try to suppress the flashbacks from emerging in vain, falling to my knees and disappearing from this time.

Flashback
I hold my cheek from the slap that my demon of a mother gave me, and look on in anger instead of sadness this time.
"How dare you!?" She screams, slapping my other cheek, harder this time, and sending me to the floor. I begin to crawl away, before my hand gets stomped on by my pathetic excuse of a father, and I scream in agony, thrashing around and kicking wildly, before he lets up and steps off my hand. I curl up into a ball, but he says
"Stand up, sack of shit." I comply, not wanting to have to suffer anymore and look down, averting my eyes. Of course, being the naive little idiot I was, I thought that the beatings were going to be done for the night, but instead, my siblings rush forward and lift me up a little by my arms, before pinning me to the wall. Both of them slam my head into the wall, their hands atop each other. We stay like that for a couple of wonderful seconds, before my evil Male parent rushes up to me and punches me, right in the liver, full force, and I cough in pain, tears welling up for what seemed like the millionth time that day.

A long day is ahead of us.

Flashback End

"Y/N? Y/N what happened? Y/N are you okay?" I hear Monika's voice, scared and urgent.
"Shut up! You don't care about him! You don't care about him like you don't care about us! You only want to take him away from us like you tried to do in the game!" I hear Natsuki shout at Monika.
"I- I didn't-"
"SHUT THE FUCK UP! JUST EVERYONE SHUT THE FUCK UP!" I yell at the top of my voice while still on my hands and knees. Sayori and Natsuki flinch and back up a little in fear, while Yuri and Monika just come closer. "Please, don't argue. I've had enough of that for a couple of lifetimes." I say weakly, still on the ground "If you need to say something that could cause offence, just say it calmly. I've seen firsthand how talking calmly and nonchalantly hurts someone much, much more than shouting at them." I look up and glance between the two perpetrators who caused my flashback. "So? Go ahead. Arguments are my forte. Well, one sided arguments where I murder the other person mentally are." I finally get up and sit on the bed, resting one leg horizontally over the other, and smile encouragingly at the two.

"Well then... why did you delete us Monika? Why try and take Y/N away from us? Why make us suffer?" Natsuki says calmly to Monika. Good start!
"Well... I got jealous. I wanted something I would never get. It was like starving to death, seeing the most luxurious dinner in front of you, only to be blocked by some invisible force. And what looked like the key to the lock that blocked me from this dinner, was... the delete button and you three." She says, on the verge of tears. Not so good start for her I suppose.
"So you decided to ignore the fact that we're your friends, and that you could've talked to us. Instead, you decide to try to kill us, and can't even break us up or something?"
"I-I suppose that was overkill..."
"Yeah, no shit Sherlock."
"Hey, not to interrupt or anything, but I have a question." I cut in.
"Go ahead." Natsuki tells me.
"Well... I played the game multiple times, and each time I finished, Monika said she was sorry, and I believed her, and I still do. But... why would she do it the next couple times I played the game? Also, what if... what if you never had self awareness to begin with? What if this was all some sort of meta game? What if..." I trail off. "What if Monika never had any choice to begin with?" There's silence for a moment.

"How can you trust her? How do you know she isn't manipulating you again? What if she's misusing your trust?" Natsuki points out.
"Well..." I look over at Monika, who is looking down. "I've had a lot of people lie to me, kill me inside and betray me. I've learnt to tell who is lying and who isn't, and how to get people to tell the truth, using various different... tactics?" I tell her. "Trust me, I've been through a lot."
"Well, you cant have been through-" I immediately stand up, pissed off as hell, and look at Natsuki with my head tilted to my left. I smile at her, and she smiles nervously back. I chuckle.
"You don't know what I've been through, but I can show you the better part of it." I say, almost whispering. I begin taking off my shirt, and Natsuki laughs.
"Trying to pull me? Pfft, that's - OHMYGODWHATTHEHELLWHAT" she gets cut off once my shirt hits the floor, and I laugh. I turn around, giving everyone a good view of the plenty of scars that line my body. Sayori, in the corner of the room, has her hand over her mouth and I can see the shiny sheen of tears in her eyes from here. Yuri, at the doorframe, just looks at me in a new light, her eyes wide with shock and worry. Monika has moved from sitting on the bed to standing near the pillows of the bed. Natsuki is also standing, her back against the wall.

"So, do you like what you see?" I ask everyone, smirking.
"Y/N, w-what are those six cuts on your wrists?" I hear Yuri ask.
"Self-inflicted, if that's what you're asking. Yes, I was suicidal, which was why I was willing to take all those injuries for you, and why I took the familiar feeling of having rope burn on your neck, of having bruises beaten into you all around your body. The rest of these scars were from my family, the same family that got me this home, if you lot were wondering." I sigh, my smirk disappearing, and I bend over and pick up my shirt. I put it back on, the warmth of the fabric welcoming me back. I walk to the door and open it, before pausing and closing my eyes for a bit.
"Don't be so quick to judge people, Natsuki. You don't know their past. You don't know whether they've been cheated on before. You don't know how many times they've tried to commit suicide. And you certainly don't know how to not piss somebody off." I say, before leaving the room and closing the door quietly behind me, not so much as glancing back,

Well, screw me. I made a real mess of that, didn't I?

Wonder if we're still going to head out to do some shopping.

A/N: Sorry this chapter was so short! I just had to get this out before my ideas ran dry, they've been leaving me as I write these stories and only coming back when I finally publish it. Anyway, 1223 words and next chapter should be up tomorrow, since it's a Saturday. Also, thanks for 2k reads!