Chapter 8

The former literature club sat together around a cafe table, phones out and drinks being drunken, basking in each others B̴̛̭̺̳̦̍̍o̸̻͉̲̱̓͌d̸͉͍͠y̴̗̿͠ ̷̳͗̋̅h̵̤̳͚͒̍ȩ̷̛̣̰͉̈͗̿à̵̠̔̿̍t̸̪̣̪̙̕͘ company in happiness. Sayori was drinking a can of fanta and eating a chocolate muffin, while looking at her phone. I took glances at her screen a couple of times only to find out that she was looking at memes on her phone, with an advertisement appearing constantly saying,
"This meme etiquette lesson is brought to you by CHAOTIX664"

I wonder what that's about. Hopefully she doesn't see any... hanging around jokes.

Natsuki was reading some manga on her phone; surprisingly enough she already had quite a few apps downloaded, most of them games, but she also had WhatsApp and MangaRock, which she was using currently while drinking a strawberry milkshake and nibbling on a Snickers bar. She kept on glancing around, though, as if she was waiting for a bad thing to happen. Whenever we would catch each other's eyes, however, she would look away as if she was avoiding me, rather than being embarrassed. I bit the inside of my cheek, worried for her.

Yuri was sipping from a bottle of iced tea, her phone laying flat on the table, elbow on the table and cheek resting in her hands. Her expression was carefree and distant, like she was in an entire universe, or even another reality-

Haha, nice one.

- but was constantly interrupted by pursed lips, or a furrowed brows, or sometimes even whispers. I glanced over at her flat screen through the small curtain of purple hair that separated me from her phone, and found that she was reading a fan fiction called "The Pursuit Of Happiness", a fan-fiction that I just so happened to be a huge fan of, and a fan fiction that also happened to be about DDLC.

Woah, inception? Or fourth wall break?

Monika was drinking a white chocolate mocha, downloading a TON of social media apps. She already had Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Snapchat, along with accounts for each app somehow. She kept on tilting her head at me past her screen, though, and would smile mischievously at me whenever our eyes met, green against (E/C), until I would get flustered and look away.

Unfortunately, people in the cafe kept on staring at the girls, whispering about them and pointing at them. The Literature Club managed to zone out the background noise, though Monika would flinch every time she heard someone say something about deleting something or bad things about the others.

She's almost as protective as Ũ̵̧̡̡̜͖̼̲̺̖̰̀̅̀̽̇́̾̉̍̂s̴̡̡̲͚̭̣͚̲̩̟̲̳͊͛̈͆̾͐͝ me.

Almost.

We sat there, relaxing and enjoying a normal life for once, until a 15 year old-ish guy walked up to us, hands in his pockets while constantly looking behind him at a corner, where a group of similar aged boys and girls stood, staring at the incoming newcomer with grins all on their faces. I immediately thought that this entire encounter was going to be a dare from these chavs. I looked at the stranger, who was wearing a rich looking leather jacket and ripped jeans, along with a pair of sunglasses -I think they were rays, which made me think he was a rich snobby chav- that rested on the top of his forehead. This was going to be one hell of a meeting.

"Heeeey, JUST MONIKA," He drawled, a smirk on his face. "How are you, you murderer?" Monika flinched even harder than all the times before and almost jumped out of her seat. She looked up with wide eyes, and Sayori immediately butted in.

"Hello mister, um I think that-"

"Shut the fuck up you suicidal bitch, just kill yourself already." He said, making Natsuki stand up, but I made her sit with a stare and a hidden dangle of the brass knuckles I relieved her of. He walked behind my chair, and I took a sip of my lemonade while he walked over to be beside Monika, who was looking at me with fearful eyes. I met hers and gave her a reassuring smile, before putting my lemonade back on the table. "Why didn't you answer me, bitch?! Answer me!" He shouted, raising his hand for a slap and causing Monika to curl up into a ball. Of course, she didn't need to, because before this newcomer can even put his hand down in the slightest, I'm already there, grabbing his wrist and keeping it above his head. He looks at me and tries shaking me off, but I just stand there, expressionless. I'm still expressionless when I say,