19. First Step

Arham's pov:

She was silent for few minutes and then she suddenly stood up and took Yahya in her arms and said,"I don't want Yahya in this room when we are talking about all this. I will drop him at Ruhaan's room."

I said,"okay"

She left and came after 15 mins. She locked the door behind her and said,"Now tell me why you want to know about his father?"

I said,"What do you mean by why I want to know? You are my wife and you have a son with someone else. Don't you think I should know who it was?"

She said,"No I think you don't have to know. Yahya have not met his father since he is born. I thought that the person whom I marry will become his father and that is you. If you keep on bugging who is his father then it means you don't want to be his father. Why is it so important to you? Why is it so important to everyone? Why everyone keep asking me who is his father? He is just my son. I was only one with whom he stayed since his birth. I was the only one who took care of him. I was the only one who was with him when he took his first step, When he ate food for the first time. I was only one who was with him when he fell ill so no one has any right to claim him as their own except me. He is mine..just my son. "

She was crying. Tears are flowing from her eyes nonstop. I have never seen her like this. She is a strong girl. She never cried infront of me. Trust me it was not a very good feeling seeing her cry.

I walked towards her and wrapped my arm around her. She cried placing her head on my shoulder. She must have gone through a lot.

I said,"it's okay if you don't want to tell me. It was just a question."

She moved away from me, glared at me and said,"It was not just a question Arham. You threatened to leave me if I didn't answer. Why are you acting like you are doing a favour by marrying me? I was the one who accepted you even though you married me without my consent. I was the one who accepted you with your first wife and child. I was the one who agreed to share my husband so don't act like you are doing a favour by marrying me. I accepted you because I love you but never think that I will compromise with my self respect to be with you. Every time you said something to me I never took it seriously because I knew you don't mean it but today I saw determination in your eyes like you will really divorce me. Marriage might be a game for you but not for me Arham. I wanted to try this relationship but if you think that as I accept you so easily and you have advantage on me because of this then you are wrong. You are important to me but not more than Yahya. If you use him against me then you will never win."

I didn't interupt her because I wanted her to let everything out because I know keeping things inside does no good. Who knows it better than me.

I said,"I didn't mean it like that. I was angry at you because you stayed with Ahaan on our wedding night. I was curious to know who is Yahya's father if not Ahaan? Don't I have right to know my wife's past? Yes I am married and have a child but you know who my wife is right? But in your case I don't know anything..Who is his father? Where you met him? Nothing. If you don't want to tell me then it's fine but how can I trust you completely when you are not being honest with me? "

She said,"I can assure you that it's all in the past. I have no one in my present. Ahaan is only my friend. We never had any romantic relationship. "

Should I ask her why Ahaan was in her bed when I came here? No..She is already in sore mood I don't know how she will take it. What if she think I am accusing her, looking at her it feels like She had no idea about What happened?

The second she said she will leave me. I realized that I don't want her to leave. She is right I should not hold her past against her. Fine from today I will try to start a new life with her. I will not give more chances to Ahaan to win her back. If I had not pushed her away yesterday then he would not have got chance to be with her. Somehow it's my fault as well.