chapter seven

"So, where is my dance?" Bryce asked, coming up behind her, wrapping his warm, muscular arms around her waist. He placed his chin on her shoulder; he reeked of alcohol.

Alaina knew she was dreaming and she tried to will herself to wake up. She didn't want to dream about this again. She didn't want to wake up in tears and pain...

"You really think I'll be chosen for dance captain?" Alaina said, pulling away slightly so she could look at him. His bright blue eyes sparkled mischievously. She tried to play it cool and not let her excitement reach her voice.

Alaina watched this happen from above and screamed at her reflection to stop, to walk away, to punch him, to do anything but to let this unfold in front of her again.

"You've been flirting with me all night... I think I've earned a kiss," he said. He pushed his lips roughly against hers and she could taste the stale beer on his lips.

"I -- I don't --" she tried to say in between his forceful kissing. "Bryce stop! Please! " She said, trying to push him off.

She couldn't bear it any longer; she tried to close her eyes so she wouldn't have to relive the moment where her life was changed forever.

"Come on, you know you like it," he said, kissing her jawbone and moving his way to her neck. His hands moved to the hem of her shirt and he moved to pull it upwards. He snaked his fingers up her thighs.

"Bryce... what are you doing?" She said, starting to feel sick to her stomach. His hands on her bare skin were making her flesh crawl.

"Bryce, please... no," she said, her eyes starting to tear up. "Let me go."

"You're going to like this," he said, ignoring her. He pulled her skirt off...

-----

Alaina woke up in a cold sweat, her heart beating out of her chest and her breath short. Bella was standing over her, a look of fear in her eyes.

"Alaina, are you okay? You were having a nightmare!"

Alaina closed her eyes and tried to steady her breath. "It wasn't a nightmare," she said quietly. "Well, I guess it was. But I dreamt about the night that I was..."

"I'm sorry," Bella said knowingly, stopping her. "Are you okay? Do you need anything?"

"Do you have water? Or orange juice?" She said, noticing that she was lightheaded from the thrashing and the sweating during the night. Bella nodded and went downstairs.

Alaina turned to let her legs dangle off the bed as she tried to steady herself. Cursing, she closed her eyes tightly. Get out of my head, you bastard! Stop ruining my life! Tears began to well in her eyes. She was mad at herself for not feeling strong enough to move on, not feeling brave enough to confront him. This will be over soon enough.

"Here," Bella said, breaking her out of her thoughts. She hastily wiped her eyes with her shirt and gratefully accepted the orange juice.

"Thanks, Bella," She said, taking a sip. She could already feel the life coming back to her. Bella sat down at her desk and looked at her cautiously.

"I had a dream too," she started slowly. Alaina raised her eyebrows to notion her to continue. "Now I know this sounds crazy, but just bear with me..."

Alaina groaned. "Just get on with it Bella. You're not crazy!"

"I had a dream that the Cullen's were vampires," she said rapidly. "And I think they are in real life... I was doing some research while you were asleep and I'm telling you, they are vampires."