Chapter thirteen

The next day, Tate came in to my room, laid on my bed, and looked at me. The tray of food sat on the bed, this time it's soup. I ignore his intense stare and look out the window for the umpteenth time this week. I've only taken one bite out of all of my meals, just to tick off Tate. Lucky for me, he looks a little ticked off.

"What's with the one-bite thing?" He asks after minutes of staring. I turn my head to face him, scrunching closer to the window and not answering. He sighs and rakes a hand through his beautiful brown hair. I watch his every action closely with my new eyesight.

I heard him coming closer to my room before he even opened the door. I could tell it was him by the sounds of his footsteps, as strange as that may be.

"I know your hungry Isabella" he whispers, sitting up on the bed. He keeps his distance today. "I'm not going to hurt you. I'd never do that" his eyes grow soft, and suddenly I feel bad for stressing him out like this.

But he shouldn't be stressing over me anyway.

"I just want to go home" my raspy voice shakes out. He hunches over.

"This is your home now" he whispers. "This is our home"

Something in me snaps. From all the thinking of Dylan and finding him, I got my hopes up. By the sounds of it, Tate won't let me leave. Not if he has something to do with it.

I look to the wall opposite from me, biting my lip to keep the tears from falling. They cloud my vision slowly, my lower lip trembling under my teeth. I sniffle back a sob. The tears fall, as I have no control for them. I burry my head in the blankets and let them poor out of me. If I don't do it now, it will happen soon anyway.

"Please don't cry, Isabella" he says, coming to my side. I don't fight back when he picks me up and sets me on his lap. I don't yell when he holds my body against his chest. I don't resist when he runs a hand through my dull colored hair. "I don't want to hurt you"

His scent calms me down somewhat, which only makes me cry harder. He shouldn't be able to calm me. I should be pushing back and yelling at him. But I can't, my body calms at his touch.

My head falls against his muscular chest, my chest eventually rising and falling at the same time as his. I try to make my breaths steady, try to slow down my heart rate along with the tears. The fact that he's calming me down makes me cry harder.

I turn into his chest and sob heavily, wishing it was Dylan that was holding me instead.

"I'm scared" I sniffle into his chest, closing my eyes tightly. He stays silent, willing me to go on. I plan on making something up, but that would be harder than telling the truth. And the truth would make much more sense. "I-I don't want to be hurt again," I pause to sniffle. "I can't handle the pain anymore"

His chest vibrates with a growl, having me pull away from him and try to shuffle across the seat. He grips my waist and gently pulls me back.

"I'm not going to hurt you Bella. I'm your mate, I have no intentions on harming my Luna" he whispers, kissing the top of my head. I melt into his body on accident, loving that his lips linger there. "Anyone who has the intentions of harming what is mine will be immediately killed by me. I'll never let anyone hurt you ever again, and I'll certainly never harm you myself"

Something in me believes his words and begins to trust him. Maybe I should let myself trust him. Maybe it will earn his trust faster. Though I can't show it right now, I will show it soon.

"That's not possible" I mutter to myself, leaning back with my forehead on the cool glass of the window. The summer breeze pressed through it, warming my skin.