Chapter fourteen

I wake with a yawn, sitting up slowly and squinting at my alarm clock.

Eight AM.

I rub my eyes and roll out of the bed. I actually slept in it last night, it was one of the best sleeps I've ever had. I wasn't worrying about my father coming in to abuse me, I wasn't worrying about Dylan or Tate or Darcey. I was just sleeping.

I quickly showered and got dressed into a pair of shorts and a blue T-shirt. Both pieces of clothing fit me perfectly, which actually creeped me out. But then again, Darcey does live here. She knows what size I am.

A tray of food sits on the window seat. Pancakes and bacon. I lift it up and sit on the seat, setting the tray on my lap. I open the window again, this time all the way, and eat in peaceful silence. I can feel my energy rising with every bite I take, my stomach filling. It feels good to eat after how many days of starving myself.

It's all a part of my plan. Know is the time I start earning the Packs trust along with Tate's.

I finish up my last piece of bacon and set the tray at the end of the bed. I wash up in the bathroom before heading to the door that keeps me trapped in this room.

I listen for a moment before hearing a cough, now knowing that a soldier stands outside of the door.

I knock on it twice and wait for an answer. When the person knocks back, I giggle.

"Who's there?" I ask, as if it's a knock-knock joke.

"Cam" he replies with a laugh.

"Cam who?" I ask. He laughs again.

"What would you like, Luna?"

"Cam, can you get Tate for me please? I want to talk to him"

Cam stays silent, making me think he's not going to get Tate for me. Then he answers.

"He's on his way, Luna"

"It's just Bella, or Isa or Ella. You don't have to call me Luna. And thank you"

He chuckles again, and I walk away to the window seat. Tate will be here soon, no doubt wondering why I want to talk to him.

I'm going to ask him to show me around the village, but I'm going to be shy and stay as close to him as possible.

I hear his footsteps down the hall before I should. My ears perk up as it sounds like he's running.

I giggle to myself.

They grow louder until he stops outside of the door next to Cam.

"What's wrong?" He asks hurriedly. "Is she alright?"

"She's fine, Alpha Tate. She said she wanted to talk to you" Cam replies with a calm voice. I imagine Tate's body relaxing at this as he says thank you to Cam.

The door knob twists and he opens it slowly, peeking his head around the corner. I wave him in with a soft but shy laugh. His eyes sparkle as he closes it. He takes a seat on the bed, noticing the empty tray of food. His face grows even happier, if it's possible. Then he realizes I'm not cowering away from him, and I'm not huddled in blankets.

"Is everything alright?" He asks with seriousness. I nod my head with a smile.

"Yeah" I say shyly.

"What did you want me for?" He lays back casually on the bed. I enjoy the smell of him as it wafts through the air and over to me. My eyes flutter close.

Stop it Bella! I yell at myself. Stick with the goddamn plan!

"Bella?"

"Huh?" I snap out of my daze.