Chapter twenty-six

After dinner, Tate took me back to his room while Violet went to get her pajamas on. I lay down on his bed, the side that only has the alarm clock on it. My side. Tate lays next to me with a smile, holding his head on his arm and watching me. I close my eyes and take a breath of his scent, my body relaxing instantly.

"Why didn't they tell me?" I ask in a whisper, shuffling closer to him.

"For your safety" he says. By the tone in his voice, I know he wants this conversation to be done, so I don't ask anything else.

He wraps an arm around my waist and pulls me so that I'm right up against his chest. I place my hands on his stomach, moving them up slowly to rest on his shoulders. He growls and dips his head, placing his lips to mine. I kiss him back and let him roll so that he's above me. He puts all of his weight on his forearms, which are placed on either side of my head. He kisses down my neck, his lips lingering where my neck meets my shoulder. I suppress a moan that fights against my lips.

Then he trails back up, looking me in the eye with a loving smile. My eyes start glowing, and then that silver streak runs across his eyes. I grab the hem of his shirt and pull it up over his head. He throws it across the room, returning his lips to mine. I run my hands down his chest and over his six pack, loving the shiver that he gets. He runs his hand up my shirt, pressing his hand against my back and pulling my body against his. This time the moan escapes me. I blush in embarrassment, but he either didn't hear it or didn't care.

"Izzy!" Violet yells. I hear the thumping of her light footsteps running down the hall. I try to pull away from Tate so she doesn't see the make out session, but he growls and pulls me back, trailing kisses down my neck again and nipping where my shoulder meets my neck. A sigh escapes me this time.

"Tate" I moan breathlessly. Violets footsteps grow louder, my name becoming more clear as she gets closer.

"Izzy!" Tate groans, putting his lips back on mine. I push against his chest, but he's as hard as a rock and won't budge.

"Tate" I murmur against his lips.

"Shhh" he whispers. "Maybe if we don't acknowledge her, she'll go away"

I giggle and trace a finger down his jawline. He watches my eyes closely, never looking away. Violet keeps yelling from the hallway, coming closer and closer. I turn my head to the alarm clock. Dinner had lasted long, we sat after dessert and chatted for at least an hour. Now it's eight O'clock.

Tate places one more kiss to my neck before Violet comes stumbling in, pigtails flying and eyes wide.

"I'm weady to watch the movie!" She squeels, running to my side of the bed. Tate sets his head on my chest and let's out a low chuckle. Violet sees this and gasps. "Tatey! Youw squishing Izzy!"

"I am not!" He says defensively, but I can tell he's worried that he actually is.

"Help Violet! He's suffocating me!" I yell between gasps for air. I smile when she starts slapping Tate with the palm of her hands, barely hurting him. He frowns playfully towards me, then pretends that Violet is actually making an impact on him. He rolls off of me and falls to the floor with a thump. Violet cheers, clapping her hands. Her pigtails bob when she jumps, then slap against her purple Barbie pajamas. Tate growls, crawling around the bed to where an unsuspecting Violet stands. He grabs her waist and pulls her to the floor, tickling her to death.

I roll to the edge of the bed and watch him smile at his little sister, who's face is as red as a tomato.

"Tatey!" She giggles, squirming away from him. He grabs her again and throws her on the bed. She gasps for air and climbs up against the pillows with a huge smile. She takes one more deep breath.