Chapter 2: The Dare That Changed It All

A N D R E W   D A L T O N

"Hey Dalton, let's play Dare."

"You're on," I said, smirking at the thought that I know Jacob's going to be the loser once again.

At first, we played the traditional truth or dare, but it got way too boring, so we stopped including the truth part. In Dare, it's pretty self-explanatory, except if the player doesn't succeed, they have to do something for the person who gave them the dare, vice versa if the player ended up winning.

One time, Max lost a dare against Jacob and had to run around the neighborhood at 3 in the morning...naked. I, on the other hand, have never lost to a dare.

"I dare you to sleep with that girl and make her fall for you," Jacob said, pointing at the girl standing near the drinks. "Then, dump her after."

"Really? That's all you've got, Clarkson?" I reply with a smirk. "Easy. What would you have gotten if I lost?"

"Your red Mustang out front, but I know for sure that I'm getting it this time." Jacob confidently states, his chest puffed up a bit.

"Oh really, and why is that?"

"You'll see," Jacob sings in an arrogant tone and shrugs, taking a sip from his cup.

I strode towards her, each step more confident than the last, fixing my hair and red jacket on the way.

"Hey, do you wanna dance?" I ask in a friendly tone, smiling at her. She turns towards her head and gives me a blank stare.

S O P H I E W I L K I N S

I gulp down the rest of the punch in my cup and refill it. I glance around and survey everyone dancing in the room, some making out on the living room couch. Ugh, get a room y'all.

Just as I'm about to walk away and find Bree in the midst of the crowd, a deep, masculine voice startles me.

"Hey, do you wanna dance?" he questions, hands tucked in his pockets. I turn towards him and tilt my head back so I could see his face, finding that I barely make it up to his shoulders. I stare at him for a moment before realizing who I'm talking to.

Andrew Dalton.

I slowly spin around and search for the person he's talking to so that I could move out of their way. I turn back to face him and his mysterious, dark brown eyes, that are shining brightly, are locked with mine.

I inhale a deep breath as his expensive cologne wafts into my nostrils. He lets out a slight chuckle and gives me his signature smile that girls drool over, deep dimples on each cheek.

"Me?" I ask, shocked and curious as hell as to why Andrew Dalton of all people would want to dance with me.

Maybe this was one of his tricks to get with me in bed, I thought to myself. Sorry, not gonna happen.

"Yeah," he snickers at my dumb remark.

"No thanks, I'll pass," I give him a tight smile and spin around on my heel, about to head back into the sweaty crowd, when he stops me, gently placing a hand on my shoulder.