Chapter 9: Spilled Secrets

S O P H I E   W I L K I N S

Andrew drags me by the wrist out of the classroom and heads for the front entrance of the school. As we pass his locker, he snatches up his backpack and duffel bag.

"Where are we going?" I ask, glancing up at him, observing that a strand of hair had fallen in his face and lazily hung on his forehead.

"My house," he states.

Arriving at the parking lot in front of the school, I shake his hand off. "I'm not going to your house, Bree's waiting for me already."

"Text her that I found you and that I'm taking you home," said Andrew authoritatively.

"No," I stubbornly protest. My phone starts to vibrate and I look down, noting the many missed calls and texts from Bree. "Hold on, Bree's trying to call me again," I said, sliding my finger across the screen as I pick up the phone.

"Sophie, thank goodness you picked up! I was tr—" Bree's voice is cut off as Andrew snatches the phone out of my hand.

"Bree, it's Andrew. I found Sophie and I'll be taking her home, don't wait up for her," he said into the phone, holding it up to his ear.

"Give me back my phone!" I demand. I jump and try to take my phone back from out of his hand, but he spins around and slowly strolls towards his car, my books still tucked under his arm. During times like this, I wish I was taller.

I couldn't hear their conversation, but soon he hung up. I take this opportunity and dash towards him, making an attempt to reclaim my phone. At the last second, Andrew turns around in the middle of the parking lot and I immediately come to a halt.

"Give it back!" I cry out.

"Come and get it," he taunts with a sly grin, raising his hand into the air. I jump as high as I can and reach for the small object.

He spins in a circle and walks the rest of the distance to his car, discreetly leading me into his trap.

I reach to the side of him, but he swiftly swaps the phone into his other hand and chuckles at my attempts. I even jump on his shoulders, attempting to pull him down, but in the end, I fail to snatch it out of his hand.

We stand next to his car as I follow close behind. He turns around and I nearly bump into him again. He picks me up effortlessly and his back becomes the only thing in view.

I yelp and squirm like a child. "Andrew, put me down!"

He ignores my pleas and carries me to the right side of the car. Opening the door and placing me gently into the passenger seat, Andrew grabs the seat belt and reaches across my body, locking in the buckle. He shuts the door and throws my books and his belongings into the back seat.

Andrew swiftly hops into the driver's seat, slipping my phone into his pocket that was located farther away from me. He locks the doors and plugs his key into the ignition before I can unlock my door and escape. He drives off and I slump down into my seat with a huff, arms crossed at my defeat.

When we stop at a red light, he pulls out his phone and types a quick message before the light turns green, putting it to sleep. An awkward silence stales the mood, so he reaches over and turns the radio on. In My Blood by Shawn Mendes begins playing and I restrain myself as best as I can to not burst into song because I love this song!