15

Walking out of the church, many sisters came to Rachel and hugged her

     Walking out of the church, many sisters came to Rachel and hugged her. Elijah stood next to her as he saw all the unfamiliar faces coming and greeting him. He forced a kind smile to everyone trying to not be rude or anything.

"Rachel! Hey!"

A tall boy that seemed to be the same age as them approached them, taking both of Rachel's hands making Elijah look at him in concern wondering who he was and why Rachel seemed to be way too happy to see him.

"Hey Jack! It's been so long!" Rachel almost screamed a big smile forming on her unpainted lips.

Jack laughed still not noticing the intense look he was receiving from Elijah.

"I know, I know! But let me tell you that you look absolutely beautiful as always." He complimented her making her blush.

"Thank you so much, you're too sweet! You look good yourself." She replied making Elijah roll his eyes at her comment.

He observed him even more intently, he had deep brown curly hair that was very short yet the curls were perfectly defined. His eyes deep green and his brows full. He was dressed in a deep blue suit that looked perfect on his slim body.

Rachel and Jack got baptized the same day, they both accepted to receive the Lord the same day and since then, they've been good brother and sister in Christ. But they've also known each other since their childhood and that made their relationship even more powerful.

"Jack this is Elijah my friend, and Elijah this is Jack." When she realized how silent and uncomfortable Elijah was getting, she decided to speak up, introducing them to each other.

Turning to look at him and finally realizing he was there, Jack smiled at him, offering his hand for him to shake.

"Hey Elijah, it's nice to meet you." He said as soon as Elijah shook his hand.

Simply nodding at him, Elijah clenched his jaw before looking away.

"How's Davin?" He asked, turning his whole attention back to Rachel. 

Clearing her throat, she smiled uncomfortably before replying. "He's doing fine by the grace of God. What about your own siblings?"

"They're doing fine too. You know I was thinking of spending the summer with you guys and Davin since I have nothing else to do. But I have to talk to aunt Helena first. I guess it'll be nice to go back to our childhood times when we were just the tree of us, me, you and Davin."

He said making Elijah turn his whole attention back to him. He remembered the plans he had with Rachel for the summer. He was impatient for it to finally happen and didn't want that Jack to ruin anything.

"Uhm..." Rachel tried to say something but stopped herself when she met Elijah's eyes.

"Sorry but Rachel won't be able to spend the summer with you since she'll be spending it with me already. We already planned everything." Elijah spoke for her, his eyes never leaving Rachel's.