34

♡

          Rachel stood up. She rubbed her eyes quickly before walking to her window. Her heart beat accelerated as soon as she saw who it was. It was dark but she could still recognize him.

She met light blue eyes starring right back up at her and blond hair that looked so messy.

It was him, Elijah.

The one she prayed to God for. The one she asked God to bring back to her. She gasped before placing both of her hands on her mouth.

At first she thought she was dreaming, but when she heard him whispering to her, she knew that it wasn't a dream but reality.

"Hi princess."

He whispered to her. Rachel wiped the small tear that escaped her eye before smiling at him.

"Hi."

She said back and Elijah couldn't help but chuckle. She was grateful to see him there, alive. But she was also surprised to see that he was smiling at her often. He didn't seem to be sad. Everything was so weird.

"Can I come in?"

He finally asked.

"Yes, I'm coming downstairs to open the door for you."

She started closing the window slowly when Elijah called her name again.

"No! I can climb."

Rachel's eyes bulged. "No! You'll hurt yourself!"

Elijah rolled his eyes at her in response before starting to climb. It wasn't that difficult because after ten seconds, he was already inside Rachel's bedroom.

When Rachel saw him, she quickly turned on the lights. That's when she saw him properly. While he was adjusting his dirty clothes filled with holes, she took her time to observe him.

He looked so dirty. He had dirt on his left cheek, his blond hair had a different shade close to dark brown. When he finished doing whatever he was doing. He raised his head back up to meet her eyes.

She observed his face carefully. It was her Elijah. But he looked so tired; he had bags under his beautiful eyes, the result of two sleepless nights. His lips were pale, just like his skin.

At the sight of him, she couldn't hold her tears in anymore, so she started crying silently with her left hand covering her mouth. She didn't want to make any noise. She didn't want to wake anyone up.

She was crying not only because she was sad to see how broken he looked, no. She was also crying because she was happy. Happy to see that he didn't hurt himself like everyone was thinking he would. He was alive, breathing the same air as her.

"Hey, stop crying, I'm here."

Elijah whispered before taking a few steps towards her.

"I was so scared! So, so scared..." She said as she sobbed uncontrollably almost loosing her breath.