22

Rachel gave him a confused look, not understanding what was happening

          Rachel gave him a confused look, not understanding what was happening. She kept looking at his happy face and wondering what the sweet potatoes he was telling her; then it hit her. She remembered her own words when they were in the car and rolled her eyes so hard that she felt a slight pain.

"Are you serious right now? I was joking when I told you that I was thinking about pizza." She finally said.

"Who cares? I realized that I need pizza right now, and I need to eat it with you right here."

He said, pointing at the pizzeria in front of them with a big smile never leaving his face.

"You're crazy!" She finally said while laughing silently. "It's too late for me to be eating pizza here with you!" She added, still glaring at him.

"Who cares Rachel? It's Friday! It's summer! There's no school, let's go come on!" He insisted, tugging on her arm gently.

"I hate you, do you know that?" She joked as she followed him inside the pizzeria, her stomach feeling way too happy.

Elijah turned to look at her with a roll of his eyes.

"Stop lying, we both know how much you love me actually." He said, winking at her.

And that wasn't a lie, so she preferred to not add anything, she simply followed him. Entering, they both sat next to the big window in which they could see the different cars passing by. Soon enough, the waiter came and they ordered their food. Elijah went for the Neapolitan pizza with tomatoes, sliced mozzarella, basil, and extra virgin olive oil; and Rachel went for her favorite: pepperoni pizza. Since they were the only ones inside the pizzeria, they didn't had to wait too long for their food to arrive.

"Thank you so much!" Rachel said when the redhead waiter walked to them.

When she walked away, Rachel glanced at the big plate in front of her, feeling so happy. Food was one of the things that could make her happy just with a little sight. And while she was almost mesmerized by the beauty of her pizza, Elijah couldn't help but look at her.

"You must be so hungry, you look like you're going to eat all this in a second."

He joked.

"I realized how hungry I am just by looking at this." She laughed.

They looked at each other for a few seconds, laughing silently until all that was left on their faces was a small smile. Elijah cleared his throat before speaking up.

"Can I pray for the food?" He asked.

Rachel gasped in surprise. She looked at him in disbelief. She thought she didn't hear him right but when she saw his questioning eyes locked onto hers, she realized he was being serious about this. So with pure happiness in her voice and heart, she replied without hesitation.