20. Secrets Unveiled

Gadump! Gadump! Gadump!

That was the sound I kept hearing in my ears which I soon realized was from my aching head.
With great difficulty, I forced my eyes open and was greeted by pitch blackness.

Oh no! I'm blind!

I tried to recollect my memories to figure out how I got there.
I reached into the inner most recesses of my mind and saw an image.

A silver haired angel...

She's no angel.

Wait, you're right. She's a devil.

Right.

Her name was Riley and, and...

I blackmailed her to go on a date with me...

The thugs!

And... And... She was shot! Multiple times!

But she still stood and even knocked you out.

Fear took over my body as I recalled how the blond guy had fired at her and it had no effect, how she walked towards him without flinching and snapped his neck like a brittle twig, then she knocked me out.
I always knew she was not like an average human, but no one could've survived that. I tried to lift my hands, but they wouldn't budge.
I was tied to a chair.

My first thought was to call for help, but if this was Nerd witch's doing, then she wouldn't be too far. I couldn't risk it.
I kept struggling for another ten minutes before I finally gave up out of exhaustion.

In the silence, I could make out two low voices. They were talking quickly and seemed to be disagreeing over something.

Since I never really gave a rat's shit about privacy whenever I got curious, I decided to eavesdrop.

"No, we can't just kill him!" I heard Nerd witch say.

Kill who? Me?!
I felt beads of sweat rolling down my back and my heart rate picked up.

That's what you get for eavesdropping.

Shut it.

Right on cue, the second voice spoke. It sounded oddly familiar and I strained to listen to what the person said.

Alas! It was Russian. Sweet, fluent, indecipherable Russian.

I mentally cursed myself for not learning Russian with my leisure time. But on the bright side, I recognized the voice; Dr Shannon Parker—Nerd witch's mum.
Nerd witch's voice came again, but this time she spoke Russian too, so I gave up on eavesdropping and started thinking of how to get myself out of the situation.

I rested my head and closed my eyes; What if they did kill me? But what exactly could be so huge that they would want to kill me?
Her voice echoed somewhere in my head —all the warnings to leave her alone, that this was way bigger than I could imagine.

Yeah, I can see that now.

The scraping of metal against concrete pulled me out of my daze. I opened my eyes again and got momentarily blinded by the light that flooded in through the open doorway.
On the bright side (no pun intended), it meant that I wasn't blind. Hurray!

My eyes slowly adjusted to the light and I looked at the open doorway. I made out the silhouettes of two people standing there.
After two more minutes of adjusting, I recognized them.
A Nerd witch
And a sexy ass momma.

"What's going on?" my voice came out more like a croak. My throat was so dry.

"You saw something you shouldn't have," Nerd witch answered while glaring at me.