33. Let's Go Home.

Riley gave me her deadliest glare yet, and I had to say I was quite impressed that she could make her glares scarier.

"You called me a Nerd witch!" She accused.

I took a wise step back and swallowed stiffly, "It was a slip of tongue?" I offered.

She narrowed her eyes to slits and spun around to continue marching towards wherever she must have thought Viktor was hiding.

"Where do you think he'd be hiding?" I asked.

Silence.

I rolled my eyes, "Are you seriously mad at me right now? You're giving me the silent treatment?"

"Correction. I'm always mad at you, I've just learnt how to adjust to your annoying presence." She said without looking back.

The corner of my lip pulled up into a smile, "Is that your way of saying you like me?"

"No, that is my way of saying that you're annoying and I'm hanging on to my sanity by a thin thread. If you snap it, I'll emasculate you."

I drew away from her a little, "You scare me."

"Coming from the typical high school bad boy. Good." She paused when she came to a door.

"Do you hear that?" She whispered.

I furrowed my eyebrows and concentrated on anything I could pick up from behind the door.

"Yes General. The project was a failure. I need some men to remove me from the building, it's not....safe"

I turned to Riley and mouthed 'Viktor?'. She nodded and stepped back, before kicking the door in.

Drama queen.

Viktor had his back to us with a phone pressed against his left ear. This office was on the highest floor of the building, and had an entire wall as a glass floor to ceiling window. I could see the bustling of the busy residents of Moscow from there.

"Silver. Wesley. I see it took you long enough to find me." He pocketed the phone but still didn't turn around, instead he walked towards the window and looked out at the busy people before sighing deeply.

"So, what are you going to do now that you've got me?"

"At first I thought of killing you for tossing my Mom's severed head at me while I was fighting just to disorient me. Fortunately, she taught me everything but emotional attachments, so now I don't feel like it anymore."

I gaped at her, "You didn't tell me that!"

"Shut up, Wesley."

I opened my mouth to snap back at her, but Viktor interrupted, "No emotional attachments eh? Then what do you call this thing between the both of you?"

Riley crossed her arms, "None of your business."

"I see..."

Riley took a step towards him, but he spun around and aimed a gun at me — a silver gun. "I'm amazed at how good Dr Angeloff made you, you actually shared your abilities with him. It's quite remarkable. But, did you share your weakness too?"

He cocked the gun and fired.

Time seemed to slow down, I saw the silver harbinger of doom cutting through the air and whirring it's way straight at me.
I should've moved if my reflexes were really as good as Riley's, but I was momentarily stunned, that's why I stayed rooted to the spot.

But then I blinked, and the bullet was hanging there, in between Riley's thumb and index finger. The silver was burning her flesh and I could see wisps of smoke escaping from where her skin made contact with it.
She dropped the bullet with a hiss and glared at Viktor, her silver hair began to glow brightly.