Elia

This is my third story! I hope that I can balance all books I have going on. Anyway, my obsession with Pedro Pascal led me to another character of his. I still hate that Oberyn died and that we didn't see much of him. So by the magic of fanfiction, I'm fixing that. This was an idea had a long time ago and I hope it makes sense.

Please note I own NOTHING! Just the couple of characters I created.
_____________________________

Dear Jon,

I'm happy to hear that you and Nymor arrived in the North safely. I told you traveling by sea would be faster. I hope that the Starks treat you with the same love and devotion we received at Starfall. It sounds like you have a large family! Speaking of Starfall, the Daynes are being hailed as heroes for keeping me in their care. Maybe now House Martell and House Dayne can reconcile.

Anyways, meeting my family has been an adventure in of itself. I have so many sisters! Each one as willful as the last. Although the most difficult is Elia. That's right, Elia. Am I to be haunted by such a beautiful name? She's bright, stubborn, and loves to argue. I'm sure we'll be close friends soon.

Give the Starks my regards and don't let their Westerosi ways taint your stay.

                                                            Your Cousin,
                              Elios Martell, Prince Of Dorne

Sunspear's scorching rays of sun beat down on the court below forcing the residents of the Water Gardens to seek shelter either indoors where the servants constantly manned the silk hanging fans, the cool and soothing pools, or under the comforting shade of the palace's grand palm trees. Elios chose a comfortable spot in the shade hoping that he wouldn't be disturbed to write letters. He read his letter over once more, satisfied with his work. He chose to keep his letter cheerful knowing that bleak attitudes Jon would no doubt face when he finally settled in Winterfell. While he was happy to meet his family in Sunspear, he still missed the bold colors of Starfall. He missed his trips to the market, free to roam the streets with the smallfolk. He missed sailing with Jon, and sharing a drink with Pa while Ashara's melodious voice sang the sweetest ballads...

A rustle in the gardens pulled him from his musings. Curious, he followed the noise until the sounds of a child's crying grew louder. Turning the corner he found a small child curled at the base of a giant palm tree. He observed the child's fine dress and realized it must be one of his sisters.

"Are you hurt, little one?" He asked kneeling in front of the girl.

The girl furiously wiped her tears and looked away embarrassed. "No. You can go away now." She turned from him in a huff.

Elios smirked and sat beside her anyway. "I'll sit here until you tell me what's bothering you. I promise I'm a good listener, Elia."

Elia still refused to open-up to him. Out of his sisters, Elia was the one that kept her distance. He realized early on that she spent most of her life seeing imposters breaking her father's heart again and again. This was her way of protecting herself despite their father's assurance that he was indeed her brother. After long uncomfortable silence, he thought of something that might help draw her out. "You know," he said, "I have a small workbench in my room where I make my jewelry. I've been working on a new piece and I could use a fresh pair of eyes..." He patiently waited for a response. The slight rustle next to him indicated that his patience was rewarded. He turned his gaze to his sister and offered a small smile.

Elia eyed her brother with suspicion but moved closer. "What kind of piece?

"Why don't I show you?"