13) Time to walk

(Alex pov...)

"After the first day of wondering around I would say we already have a connection with Jackson that we can use" (Y/N) said whilst we where at breakfast.

We sat in a corner table where no one seemed to notice. The room was full of people eating and talking so no one could hear our conversation.

"I guess we do" I tried to say with as much confidence as possible but I think (Y/N) could tell that there was a hint of something in my voice because she looked at me with a strange yet cute look.

"Alex is everything ok, you seem a little... hhhmmmm...... off" (Y/N) says with curiosity lacing her words.

I decided not to answer her question and look off into the sea of students. You would think that they are all in their seperate groups, the jocks, the cheerleaders, the nerds and so on but surprisingly they're not.

Although you can split apart the ones who think they are better than the rest. Ever now and then you see people whispering about some and I see some of the ways the guys look at some of the girls. I gust hope they don't look at (Y/N) like that.

"Alex? Earth to Alex are you there?" I can hear her talking but I choose not to answer her. Right now my focus is on Jackson and his group of friends.

One of the cheerleaders is trying to hang off him but he's pushing her away. I couldn't quite understand what I was looking at I expected him to be someone to be into all the girls attention. I guess I thought wrong of him.

(Your POV......last class of the day)

Sitting in the back of the room seemed to be the best place to sit but with my luck I end up straight in the front row. Don't get me wrong the front row isn't to bad but right now my target is in the back of the class.

He's got his head down writing in his book but I know he's not listening to the lecture we are getting. He's writing down a list of all the prose and cons that could happen within this mission.

And my target is Alex. After breakfast when we acting weirdly he got up and left to go sit with Jackson group, which is good and all for the mission but he hadn't spoken to me since. I'm going to try and talk to him at practice this afternoon and hopefully I can get some answers from him.

As I sit at my dest head down writing ever tenth work I hear the teacher say I wait for the time to pass by. Eventually after 30 more crusading minuets the bell finally rings but before I can work freely out the door my are is grabbed by none other that savanna my roommate and also fellow cheerleader.

"You ready for practice now. We are starting early" she says as she escorts me out of the room and down the hall.

"Yeah I just need to get changed and then I'm good to go" I say back.

"Well then let's hurry. First one to the room gets the first shower after practice" she yells running of down the hall. But because of her sudden burst of energy I get a couple of strange looks from the people around me including Alex. I just smile at him and run off down the hall because I'm not waiting for savanna if she gets first shower.

Needless to say savanna obviously made it to the room first. Guess I lost that one, but after arriving at the room we changed into our cheer uniform.

"I will never understand why these skirts have to be so short" I say with a huff.

"Suck it up princess you will be fine it looks good on you anyway" savanna says as she grabs my arm and drags me out the door.

When we get to the oval we wait until the rest of the squad arrives until we start warmups. We do the usual practice and the same routine until we perfect it. We perform at one of the biggest games on the weekend to celebrate the start of the holidays. To say I wasn't nervous is an understatement, it felt like my stomach was doing flips before I even was. Half way through practice the boys showed up to start their practice for the game. Although we started before the boys we finished 10 minuets after them.

When we finally get to the room me and savanna where both sweating like we had just come back from the desert. All I wanted to do was lay down but I didn't want my covers to stick of sweat so I stayed standing, that is until savanna's shower hit the 20 minuets mark and I decided to grab my towel and the rest of my stuff that I would need for the shower because It was time to walk to find another shower.

——————————————————————-

Sorry it's been a while.