Chapter 9

Chapter 9

The next day soon after the discovery of Monica's pregnancy, the three girls attended college together. They met Jatin near the lounge. Pooja stared at him silently while he was about to move away ignoring the three of them when Jiyasha stopped his way.

"Jatin Sir, I need to talk to you. It's very urgent," Jiyasha pleaded to him.

"You were absent the last day and you didn't even start the project work that I have given you. Now what do you have to say?" Jatin reminded her.

Jatin was definitely in a very bad mood that morning and Jiyasha was wondering of how to talk to him. "Sir, I need to talk to you personally. You know what I mean, I want to discuss about the work that you have given me."

Jatin understood what she meant and gestured her to follow him. They entered his cabin while Pooja and Monica waited outside.

*

"Sir, I want to start working on Mr. Saxena's project from today," Jiyasha told him.

"You should but this is what you want to tell me personally?" Jatin frowned his forehead.

"No, actually I wanted someone to work with me. I mean it is not possible to work in the laboratory all alone with those medicines," Jiyasha said in a single breath.

"I understand but what do you want?" Jatin asked her.

"I want Monica to work with me. And I know she is the only one who is always ready to take risks while working and she is not even afraid of facing difficulties. My project demands risks," Jiyasha spoke very quickly.

"I get it, you somehow want me to get Monica working and help her out even if she is negligent towards studies. I mean you want her to get rid of her punishment?" Jatin was speaking in a composed tone which made Jiyasha happy.

"Yes Sir, definitely. She doesn't deserve such treatment for being absent from college for her ill health. If she works with me, she will be able to help me as well as save her degree. I hope you won't refuse this time because I really need someone like her for my work," Jiyasha pleaded to him.

"Okay then I give you the permission since you are working on some good mission and you really need students like Monica to help you out. But make sure she doesn't spoil things again. I will nominate her in your group. But if she does anything worse, she will be expelled from the college," Jatin warned Jiyasha.

"She won't do any such thing in the future, believe me." Jiyasha smiled.

"You may take her help for laboratory works but I think you know that you can't leak Aryan Saxena's matter to her. That thing should only be done by you," Jatin reminded her again.

"I know that Sir, she will only help me with medicines and nothing else," saying so, Jiyasha left his cabin and joined her friends outside.

*

"I have a good news for you, girls. Jatin Sir has allowed Monica to work on a project this year and she is going to work with me." Jiyasha hugged Monica.
All the three girls jumped with joy and proceeded for their classes.

Later during the recess, Pooja walked over to Jatin, who was standing with a group of students explaining something. Pooja waited for the students to leave. Jatin turned around only to collide with Pooja. She was saved by him at the nick of time. Pooja wrapped her arms around his shoulders and stood upright. They shared an eye lock before Jatin proceeded to pat on her shoulder to make sure that she was alright.

"Why were you standing right behind me?" he asked her.

"Actually I wanted to talk to you."

Jatin quickly remembered their last conversation and hurriedly moved away when Pooja held his wrist.
"No wait please. Give me a chance to clear myself," Pooja pleaded him.