Chapter 43

Chapter 43

Monica and Kabir's marriage registry got completed early that evening. The three girls cried into one another's comfort until they separated with a heavy heart. Their best friend Monica was going to leave them and go far away to a different place. They didn't know if they would remain in contact in future or would meet again.

Kabir took Jiyasha and Pooja by their hands and spoke, "Trust me girls, your best friend will remain happy with me. I will try to fulfill all her dreams. I will take care of her and our baby like no other husband and father in the world."

Jiyasha asked, "How will you manage everything? You are leaving the job and Monica her degree. I'm afraid."

Monica came forward and said, "Don't worry you both. My dad has given us some good amount of money for Kabir to start a business. We will try doing something ourselves."

"Do let us know from time to time. We will be worried," Pooja and Jiyasha spoke in unison.

"No girls, I'm sorry but I didn't tell you something. We are going far away from everyone for a reason, to learn the art of living and struggling in life. So I won't be maintaining any contact with you guys for some time. One year hence, we will meet again at our favorite restaurant. If our friendship is true, we will try our best to make it to the place after a year on a particular date. That date will be the friendship day of the coming year. We will share all the new developments in our lives and see if we are successful," Monica ended her speech.

"This is actually so good as an idea. Let's see how much we will develop in a year round. We will get a chance to even analyse ourselves," Pooja agreed but certain fear had preoccupied Jiyasha already. She was not at all happy with it but agreed half heartedly to what her friends had decided.

Having agreed to that, the three of them gave one another a final hug and bid farewell. After Monica and Kabir left, Jiyasha and Pooja walked back to their own destinations. They knew that they both were still together but fate might not like it. Nobody knew what their futures would also hold.

***** 

At the Saxena villa, there was peace and a quiet environment. It was late evening when Jiyasha reached home. Her heart was heavy from the departure of Monica and when she saw Aryan in her room, her heart began racing faster. She was surprised to see him there but refused to utter any word. She changed into her night outfit and came out of the bathroom.

As she began arranging her bed, she felt his tight grip on her arm. He instantly pulled her towards him and yelled, "Where have you been these days? You go out and return home any time you feel like and don't even bother to inform me. Is that what you have been taught?"

As Aryan was yelling, he saw tears in her eyes. A strong Jiyasha was in tears before him and he felt his heart sank within. "Why are you crying? I didn't mean to scold you in that way." He cupped her face.

"Monica left us and went to settle with Kabir in a faraway place, away from everyone and everything." Jiyasha cried loudly and Aryan hugged her.

Jiyasha laid her head on his chest, clutching him like a little baby. The only thing she knew that she needed a sweet comfort and it was only in her lover's arms. For instance, she had nearly forgotten as to who he was. She was only perceiving his warmth and affection at the moment.

He caressed her hair and whispered, "I understand how it feels to lose a dear one, you are compelled to stay away from your best friend. That's the reason why Kabir submitted his resignation letter today, he won't be working with us anymore."

Jiyasha nodded and he led her to the bed. Adjusting himself on her side, he allowed her to rest on his chest. He was rubbing her shoulder lightly as she dozed off to sleep snuggling in his arms. He kissed the top of her forehead and uttered, "You are very innocent Jiyasha. You think for everyone but I don't know how much I will be able to live up to your expectations."